Friday, November 28, 2008

We leave today!

Good Morning!!!

The kids and I leave the house in a couple hours and I thought I would try and post one last time! No word yet from Daron on if we have gotten both passports and if the 1-600 is ready. The Eban House director in Ghana said that she called on Wednesday and the embassy told her to call back on Friday-praying here for good news on all fronts. I really wanted to go to Ghana with no paperwork on the front burner that we are waiting for, but it doesn't look like that is the case; so we will keep praying.

Throughout the adoption process the last 5 months, there has been a song, and especially the chorus, that has always choked me up when I heard it. It is written by Nicole C. Mullen and the words are below. I woke up early this morning (wonder why??!!) and started praying for today and our trip. When I was finished I tried to go back to sleep and I realized the words of her song were playing in my head. (You will have to google her when you get a chance. She has actually done amazing things in Ghana with the Trokosi slaves)

Well, the next time I post, there will probably be a picture of me with ALL my children! I can't wait!! Thank you for everyone who is thinking of us and praying for us- I need it and I feel it!
Oh, and we will be traveling until Sat. night, so no need to check back here until Sunday!

Call on Jesus
Verse 1:I'm so very ordinary, nothing special on my own.Oh, I have never walked on water,And I have never calmed a storm.Sometimes I'm hiding away from the madness around meLike a child who's afraid of the dark
Chorus:But when I call on Jesus,All things are possibleI can mount on wings like eagles' and soarWhen I call on Jesus,Mountains are gonna fall'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call
2:Weary brother, broken daughter,widowed, widowed lover, you're not aloneIf you're tired and scared of the madness around youIf you can't find the strength to carry on
Chorus:When you call on Jesus,All things are possibleYou can mount on wings like eagles' and soarWhen you call on Jesus,Mountains are gonna fall'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue you when you call--
Bridge:Call Him in the mornin', in the afternoon timeLate in the evenin' He'll be thereWhen your heart is broken,And you feel discouraged,You can just remember that He said He'll be there

4 comments:

Deborah said...

These words are really awesome. Thank you. I am praying for your trip and safe return with your beautiful family.

SugarHouse Mama said...

My prayers are with you! I will be checking frequently for updates - I have a vested interest in your I600 getting approved (we filed ours a few days after!)

Laurel said...

Praying blessings on ALL of you.

Laurel :)

Mollyw said...

I am in awe of your courage and wish you the best on your visit to Ghana and your journey home! Meeting you on the ferry before your big trip was very inspiring. I'm looking forward to a playdate!