Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 2



Daron got to spend the day with the kids at Eban House by going to the beach today. I didn't really hear too much about the trip itself, but he sent some pictures. I asked him what he was eating and he sent a picture of the big bowl of rice and the fish. The fish was cut vertically and then cooked with the skin on. He told me he ate it! Yum. Looks like we have some more good eaters to add to our family.


Daron said that the kids are really loving getting his attention but it is hard because every time he sits to read with the kids or something, there are 10 other kids yelling out "Daddy" and they all want his attention as well. There are currently about 30 kids in Eban right now and I think only about 7 of them are referred and only a couple other families close to getting a referral. I think there are only 2 single kids in the orphanage right now and the rest are all siblings like our two. It is sad to think that some of the kids might have to wait a long time to get adopted, but hopefully there will be more families coming up the pipeline to adopt. (If it's been on your heart and you are interested at all, feel free to ask me questions about the process). I can tell it is heavy on Daron's heart though. I guess out of the five hours he was with them, Kwame sat on his lap for most of the time and Fia for half of the time. He said it was so great to cuddle with them and be with them.
It didn't work at the Internet cafe for the web cam today, but we got to email a bit. It was so nice to be able to chat and get to "hear" his voice in his emails.

The kids and I are doing great! We had two invitations for dinner tonight and I had to turn them both down-how stinky is that?!! We have a great group of friends here and the time will fly the next few weeks. Plus, I think we have a busy enough schedule with our fabulous friends, the Crowders, coming from NH this weekend to keep our mind from counting down the calendar. Then, at the end of next week, Daron's sister Kathy comes for a month to do a rotation at the hospital at the UW! Super fun and I think I might put them to work. Courtney will especially love that-just what she wants on a trip away from her munchkins! ;)

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

The kids are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! What sweet smiles and I love the way they are totally comfortable and cozy with Daron! Congratulations...I am so happy for you guys and I can't wait to meet Fia and Kwame!

Angela said...

Daron - you look so happy! Thanks for sharing. I love reading about your family...expanding...you both are such an inspiration...Blessings on you all during this continued time of transition! Keep us posted! -Angela

Deborah said...

This is so very wonderful!! Your children are beautiful. Please keep us posted - there is so much that I want to learn about the children, their routines, and the food that they like to eat.
Have a wonderful day,
Deborah