Well, I want to yell out a big thank you to all of you that have been so generous with the items on the wish list for the orphanage. The stove/oven money has already been collected-thanks to a handful of folks in Martin County, MN! Thank you, thank you!!! It was amazing how the pieces fell together to make it happen-such a God thing! If we happen to get more money in, we will make sure to use it on a need in the orphanage that we see when we are there. We also have a few classes from our local elementary school collecting items now too, as well as some wonderful friends from our community dropping by items off the list. I also have a few duffle bags that we were able to borrow. Thanks for all of this- I can't wait to bring everything over and I think by the time we travel, we will have all 8- 50lb. bags full!
I talked to Daron and he made it safely on his 12 hour bus ride up north. Tomorrow he will travel 4 more hours until he gets to Mole National Park, where he will go on a walking safari and hopefully see some wildlife near the watering holes! If it is a good experience, we hope to take our family up there when we are all together (which I can't believe is next week)!!! Wow, time is flying and before I know it, we will all be together as a family! Did I mention that I took Kwame and Fia on a walking webcam tour of our home? It was kind of fun and crazy, at the same time. I guess Kwame is very excited about his bed and continues to point to his bed in the photo book that we sent over. So, when I was talking to them on the webcam, Kwame wanted to see his bed and his face just lit up when I showed it to him. Fia then wanted to see hers, which she loved too. We then walked around and showed them more of our house, a new doll, a new book, etc., and ended with shoes. Daron said that Fia loves shoes-:) Too bad none of the rest of the girls in our house do.....yeah, right!! I think I may have to hide my favorite shoes from 3 girls now!
2 comments:
We did a web cam with our kids, too, before they came home. It was such a special way to introduce them to their new home.
We even got to show them snow during our video chat.
Laurel
Keep counting the blessings!! You all wil make it through this with God's love and grace.
I'm soooo excited to meet them I can't stand it!!
Post a Comment