Daron seems to be doing well and really enjoying spending time with the kids. We got to talk to him today and they both told us all hi. I love hearing their voices and hearing them say,"Hi Mommy." I guess that Fia loves to swing and Kwame isn't so sure about the swing, but loves to be held by his daddy. It sounds like I will 100% have a cuddler coming home, so that will be nice. Can't wait until I can hold him too and snuggle with him. That will make the attachment that much easier. Kwame also loved kicking around the soccer ball with Daron for awhile and then searching for lizards. Justus was excited to hear this and declared that he and his brother now have two things in common: sports and liking to chase lizards!
Daron has really loved sitting and reading with them and he says that he can tell Fia is quite smart(we are already bragging) with how fast she picks things up. Fia is also such a little mother to her brother, which is cute, but also sad that she has felt the need to take on the responsibility. Hopefully when they come home, she will be able to let go of that sense of mothering that a 4 yr. old shouldn't have to have on her shoulders and instead put the natural instinct into playing with her dolls and just looking after her brother in more of a 'big sister' role that is age appropriate.
I guess the kids also really love looking at our family pictures and the photo books that we sent over there in September. Kwame loves to show Daron the picture of his bed and keeps telling him it is his bed. He even noticed the books near the bed and was really excited that those are his and Justus's books to share. I just want to pinch his cheeks when I think of his smile!
It seems that I do need to get used to potty training again for awhile and will need to stock up on diapers and pull-ups. Kwame is still pretty young and so is Fia, but Fia seems to be embarrassed about it, so my heart breaks for her. Daron just keeps telling me he tells her he loves her over and over, which seems to soften her. Gosh, Fia reminds me so much of my girls, especially Greta, who is also a little mother whenever I let her be. It will be so fun to see them all together and interacting. I can't wait(and at the same time, I am getting scared).
Well, I will try and write more later, but this is already getting long. ***Oh, and in case you are wondering why I am not posting pictures any more, it is because the camera has been misplaced/lost/stolen-not sure which one! I can't imagine how Daron is feeling after possibly losing all the pictures(except for the ones on my blog) from the first week, not having a camera now until I get there, and the biggie:it WASN'T OUR CAMERA! Yep, we borrowed one, so you know how great we are feeling about that right now. Please pray that the camera is found and delivered back to Daron. Also pray that our friends are still our friends-that would be wonderful! :)
P.S. No update on the 1-600, except I don't think I mentioned on the blog that our adoption coordinator over in Ghana got the lady at the embassy to acknowledge that it could be ready in 10 days, not 6 months. We will continue to pray for her and the office so that they can process ours, as well as the other Americans that filed theirs this week, as quickly as possible. The passports are also something we continue to pray for.
6 comments:
Thanks for keeping us filled in. :) Cannot wait for you to travel!
Love to read your updates!
Laurel :)
These updates are great! I am praying for all to keep going well...and smoothly.
What an incredible time in ALL of your lives!
I'm praying for you all with tears in my eyes!!! I can't wait for you to join Daron, Fia and Kwame. Love to you all!!!!!
really enjoy following along in your journey! thank you! :)
Your husband's journey sounds so wonderful! I am looking forward to when you will be there, too. Please, please hug Jukat and Jephet for me, and tell them that we love them so very much. You are leaving on my birthday :) You are now, in my heart, a very special friend. You are a link to the children that we love and haven't seen yet. I am praying for your family today, and praying for a wonderful trip home with ALL your children in tow.
Have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment