Daron sent me a list today of items that I could bring over with me to donate either to our adoption center or other orphanages over in Ghana. I compiled it with another one that we had received from the agency and when people ask how they can help, I can now show them the list. A big need right now for Eban House is a new stove/oven. The burners work, but I guess the stove doesn't even have the glass plate in the front. It would be very helpful if they had that with all the kids in the home. A new stove would cost somewhere near $250, so if anyone would like to donate to that, please feel free. I should probably set up a pay pal, but it sounds intimidating to me, so please just send a check and ear mark it "stove for Eban" and we will make sure we get one purchased while we are there.
Below are some smaller things that would be greatly appreciated and very useful at some of the children’s homes/orphanages in Ghana. Some things are necessities, some are helpful in the office, and some are just plain fun! If you would like to donate to this, please either send or bring the items to our house to by Tuesday, November 25. Leave me a comment if you need my address. We will definitely take pictures to share with everyone. Thank you so much!!
Wish List for Ghana Orphanage:
1) Girls underwear – 2-4 yrs
2) Boys underwear – 3-5 yrs
**Remember it has to be clothes for very hot weather – think 85 degrees and up.
3) Girls dresses – 1-9 yrs
4) Boys shirts(t-shirts & dress shirts) – 2-6 yrs
5) Shorts for girls and boys
6) Sandals (not flip flops –all sizes up to 3)
7) Diapers (but realistically – it could be too bulky & you could donate cash for this specifically)
8) Ink Cartridges – 21 HP Black print cartridge
-22 HP Color
-58 HP Photo
9) Batteries – AA
10) Candies
11) Cotton napkins
12) DVD’s – they have a bunch of cartoons – things more like Planet Earth/Discovery Channel/other interesting educational media
13) World Map – I would suggest Africa being in the center rather than the US like most maps in the US
14) Legos
15) Balls -nerf footballs or soccer balls
16) Toys
17) Crayons/Pencils
18) Math books/workbooks
19) ABC books – this would be really good
20) Beginner books for learning to read
21) Infant formula
22) Twin sheets
23) Diaper rash treatment cream
24) Tylenol (chewable)
25) Infant and/or chewable multi-vitamin
26) Bubbles
27) Hand-held battery operated fans hats
28) Toothpaste
30) Shampoo and Soap for kids and babies
31)Razor scooters(old or new)
4 comments:
Hi Kristin, thanks for posting the wish list! In regards to the reading books - can they be "gently used" books? I have some our kids have grown out of but would love to pass them on to the orphanage...let me know :0). The pics of Daron with your little ones are so sweet..they are peanuts! Hope you and the kids are doing well...you've been in our thoughts.
Sheri
Hi Kristin,
Will you be collecting the "stuff" and taking it with you? How much room will you have? Let me know if you have a cut off date for the donations! :)
Angela
I will be collecting things until the 24th so that I have time to pack and make sure it fits. If you have something, Anglea, just bring it by, that would be great! If I can't fit it, I will send it back with you, but I am hoping to take 8, 50 lb. bags.
Oops, Courtney isn't collecting things, it is me-Kristin. We were just both on my computer and didn't switch the names, so donations are still coming to our place.
Post a Comment