Sunday, November 23, 2008

Daron-Day 15

Sorry it has been awhile since I posted. I have been sitting around alot eating bon bons and I just haven't wanted to get off the couch! ;) Actually, that is what I am dreaming of....

Daron is back safely from up north at Mole National Park. He had a wonderful time and thought it was a great experience. At the same time, I think he realized that it would be too hard for our family to do it unless we had our own driver in a 4x4. Besides it being expensive, it would also be a very long trip for us to do with all 7 of us. I think it would be especially hard for us to bring Fia & Kwame. Daron had to take two buses that were 12 hours and then 4 hours to get there. I think it would be about 14 hours for us if we had a driver and that sounds incredibly long!!! I love road trips, but I am not sure I want to do that as a first memory with the kids-we'll see. On the flip side, it is hard to go to Africa and not go on a safari-but maybe that is something to do on another trip in the future if we have the chance to go back.

Before Daron left, he tried to explain to the kids that he would be gone for a few days and then be back. He told the aunties so that they could help the kids understand too. When Kwame saw him, he ran right up and it was business as usual. Fia was a little more apprehensive and seemed a little unsure. She came up and hugged him, but she just seemed a little more confused. Most of the parents that have traveled over so far have gone and filed their paperwork and left after a few days, only to go back once everything is completed. We chose to try and stay in the country for different reasons until everything was ready, but it was confusing
for the kids. Daron said that they thought he had gone back to America. I think Fia was trying to put up defenses for the time when her dad would be away.

I just love hearing Daron talk about them. He said he feels at peace with everything, so I was glad to hear that. Thanks for keeping him and our family in your prayers. Monday they will try and find out more about the passports and 1-600. We are going to have to move some major mountains for our timing to work out for all of us to come home together. These passports really have to be done this week, as well as the 1-600 needs to be ready by probably early next week. The kids and I leave Friday and we can't wait! I can hardly believe that we get to finally meet them and be with them. I would really love for the 1-600 to be done sooner rather than later so we can take custody of them as soon as we can. It just isn't wise to do it beforehand in case for some reason we would have to leave Ghana before it got processed and have to put them back into Eban house; that would be way too confusing. So.....pray for a miracle that we can get this all worked out.

Daron was going to go to church again with them today and then hopefully go to a restaurant,
with Percy and a couple other people,that play American sports on their tvs. Hopefully he had a great time and got some good food. I know he is missing food back at home and water that he doesn't have to worry about. Maybe now he is missing the granola bars that I suggested he take! Maybe not.

4 comments:

jennyonthespot said...

Praying for all the fine details to come together perfectly... praying for your heart as you struggle let God be in charge... soon, my friend - soon your babies will be home with you :) Let me know if I can do anything...

Laurel said...

Our drive from Accra to Bolgatanga was 12 hours (and it's about the same distance as Mole). However, we had a looong delay in Kumasi due to the Africa Cup being played there that day. So, I would think that you could get to Mole in less that 12 hours, with a private driver.

Our kids were 6, 9, 11, and they loved seeing the whole country. Our driver, Alex, was wonderful with the children ... a BIG help (as we had just met the kids 3 days before).

Blessings as you and the children travel later this week.

Laurel :)

A. Gillispie said...

Glad to hear that Daron survived his adventure up North--and liked it! I tend to agree that it would be a LOT to take the kids on a road trip if it isn't totally necessary. The roads to Mole are different than the roads to Bolga...and with it being election time there might be more undesirable folks on the roads. We had a scary few moments on the way to Wa when we were very near an armed road "hijack" area.

Another alterantive might be to go to Volta Region! It's much closer (think 4 hours) and there is great nature to see. You could go to Wli Falls near HoHoe, and see Volta Lake. I love Volta Region. So mountainous and beautiful.

Continuing to pray for everything to come together in a miraculous way for the kids to come home with you before Christmas.

Anita

Chalene said...

I will defintely keep you guys in our prayers for a very fast turn around. I am so excited that you are getting closer to leaving. YEAH - it's almost time to hugs your little ones. :)

Chalene