Wow- I can't believe that it is already 2009! Remember when we were all bracing ourselves (or pretending not to be) for the millennium and what that would bring? Now we are way into our 2000's and the 90's are long gone.
We rang in our new year with the privilege of Daron marrying our friends, Andy and Lisa. It was a small and beautiful wedding. The bride was gorgeous, of course, and the new couple looked so happy! Afterwards they had an intimate reception for their family and close friends that, luckily for me, included food made by some fabulous chefs. The only regret is that I left before getting one of the cupcakes that they had from the Wallingford Trophy Cupcake Bakery(featured in Martha Stewart). We ended the evening playing games and hanging out with our kids and my family at my parents house.
2008 was a year of loss with our Great Grandma Greta, cancer with my Uncle Scott (and healing), additions to our hearts and family(Fia and Kwame), birth of a niece(Ida), lots of wonderful memories with our family and friends, a trip to meet our children in Ghana, and sadness as we had to leave them behind.
2009 is a year of hope for me and our family. For one, we hopefully will receive those pesky passports that are bringing so much grief to me right now. Who would have ever thought that I would be praying for passports and for the people that work in a Ghanaian passport office? Well, however long I have to wait, I am looking forward to this new year with my family and friends.
I am also hopeful for my dear friend, Tracie. A couple weeks ago she was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Her two kids are Justus and Ella's buds that we do most all sports with, carpool with, and have many playdates with. Tracie was the one that I have to thank(or curse) for pushing me to do the Danskin Triathlon last year. Tracie is an amazing strong woman and I am so thankful she is in my life. She luckily found the cancer early on, so everyone is hopeful that a year from now, she will have a clear bill of health. Right now though she is beginning chemo and I can't even imagine what she is going to be dealing with and feeling. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as she begins her treatments and also for total healing.
As we begin a new year, I wish you all a year of health, healing, love, fun, friends, and family!
Happy 2009!
4 comments:
Renee reminded me that adoption is a spiritual battle. The fighting is so intense now for your family and for mine - that means that victory is near. We will trust together and wait together.
We're still praying everyday for those passports! I know they'll come!
Maybe we should try that Danskin again this year with a group of girls. I plan to be healthy enough to try it!
Thanks for the good thoughts!
Tracie
Love the pictures. When do I get my camera back? Love, Dad
Oh, was that your camera? ;) I will get it to you today at church. I got everything downloaded and ready to go.
Post a Comment