Monday, January 5, 2009

We Got One!!!!

***update 1/6/09***Just in case you are looking for an update on Fia's passport, we got no news today. Hopefully tomorrow!(That is what they say in Ghana-whether or not there is any basis to it I am learning). We were told yesterday that Fia's is still on one of the director's desks that is supposedly anti-adoption and that it is on "lock down." Not sure what that means(besides that obvious) and with the upcoming changing of the staff after the recent Presidential election, what that will mean. Will hers and the others be handed over, filed away, thrown out???? Not sure, those are just the thoughts that are in my head. I am still reminded that I AM NOT IN CONTROL!! So, all I can do is to just keep praying.....I want my children home!!!

The Jags are jumping up and down here with tears of joy streaming down to the news that we got Kwame's passport! We woke up to a late start to school with the snow so we all went sledding first near our house. I couldn't sleep last night and was praying through the night for some movement with the passports. I let God know I was angry, but I was still trusting and hopeful something would happen. It took all my restraint not to ask Daron to call and ask if there was any news, but after sledding, I couldn't resist anymore and asked. I tried to not get my hopes up, but while I was getting ready and he was in his office looking for the number, my heart skipped a beat and I couldn't help get my hopes up again. All of a sudden, I heard Daron yell out a Woo hoo!!! They had Kwame's passport! Tears started coming down and we all started screaming............

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some more good news. We are so thankful for the gift of one passport right now and hope that Fia's will follow suit! If you would, we would LOVE your prayers today that the people in the passport office want to finish Fia's passport, and all others that are waiting, as soon as they can!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying right now.

SugarHouse Mama said...

Yeah! I"m SO happy for you! Our judge got tied up in sorting out the election mess, so he was unavailable last week to sign the paperwork the Embassy wanted redone (because they lost part of our file).

So the Westerby's are on a flight right now and Adjoa is still in Ghana :( We are hoping to have her visa in a day or two and then we will wait until someone else is going/coming or $2000 falls from the sky!

I'll be praying that little Fia's passport comes back quickly. I know the heartache of not being able to bring your child home.

bbqdaisy said...

Kristin -
OHHHHHHHHHHH this is such WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! YIPPPEEE!!! I'm CELEBRATING WITH YOU!!!!! AWESOME!!!
I also AM praying with you! I'm praying for passports ALL around!!
I just got off the phone with Amanda, and we were saying how FUN it would be to do a WA Ghana get together (and anyone else who can make it) ... it just seems like there are a lot of kids from Ghana coming here to our beautiful state!!
Blessings
In Him
Maria

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you! We have been praying for you and rejoice with the yelling and celebrating you were able to do as a family-so fun! We have now had our daughter home from Ghana for two weeks and feel so blessed. We continue praying for your family and are anxiously awaiting the day we read "they are home".

Our three biological children said after hearing the news said "I bet they went to school so happy telling all their friends and teachers" Nothing is better than small children teaching their friends and adults alike the processes involved with adoption. Our four year old went bouncing into preschool telling everyone "we have a visa" the day her sister got a visa. I bet your children are touching many lives as they share the journey of bringing their siblings home.

We do not always know why we wait only that our God is so faithful and hears your prayers and catches each tear. We have learned so much thru adoption and pray that all of your family grows in their relationship with God and lean on Him even more. We noticed when we were the most 'out of control' during this whole process we were able to experience His many miracles.

Praying for you all-JJ

Sue said...

WONDERRFUL news!!!!!

Jess said...

That is great news!!! Will be praying for passports all around!
Could you clarify for me... has the current election been a factor in delaying some of your adoption processing?

Richardsons said...

YEAH, KRISTIN!!! I am so excited for you all!

Kristin said...

Thanks for your prayers and congrats, all! JJ, I am so happy that you are now home with your daughter;together with your whole family. I loved following your pastor's blog. You will have to let me know if you make one yourself for me to follow.
Darrell and Jess-yes, I believe the election has played a part in the slowing of the passports, but who can tell. Some have thought that the passport office haven been waiting for bribes before they have to leave office b/c their party was predicted to lose. Also with all the holidays and election holidays, there have been many days when people didn't go to work. I am not sure of anything though, those are just some of the reasons we heard.....we also heard the passport machine was broken, but others have come out!

Angela said...

Woo Hoo! Loved running into you last night, and I will keep praying for Fia's passport...that they will get it done! Love, Angela

lori said...

kristen - thank you for your encouragement and I know you are ready to bring your little ones home. they are so cute!!!!!
That would be awesome to see you over there! Keep me posted on your progress~

tlforsythe said...

Oooohhh Yeeeaaahhh!!!