Today I got the privelege to take my friend, Tracie, to her 2nd chemo appt.
Tracie has been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and I am so impressed with her strength and determination to fight this cancer! I mean seriously, do you realize that she has been asked to give up coffee? In Seattle?? In the winter??? All kidding aside, she amazes me! I am so thankful to have her in my life and I pray that the chemo kills the cancer quickly so that she can get back to feeling good enought to do whatever she wants with her family and maybe having a little wine and coffee with her friends! Johnene and I both brought her to the appt. today, and if it didn't sound so WRONG to say we had 'fun' at the chemo appt., I guess that is what I would say! :) Fun isn't the right word, I know, but I can't think of one that works. We were able to laugh over ugly wigs and bad scarves in catalogs, as well as other things that are proabably bad taste. All in all, I hope we were able to be serious when she needed and distract her with laughter when she needed that too.
.JPG)
I love my girlfriends!
On adoption news.......there is none. Thought I better at least tell you that so that you aren't wondering over the weekend. Hopefully Monday we will have some news since our adoption coordinator is heading over to Ghana right now for the next couple weeks. Maybe there will be some movement while she is there and we can get a phone call rejoicing over the final passport. I know I keep asking, but I would still love prayers for Fia's passport, as well as for the three other families that are waiting to pick their children up too.
6 comments:
I can't tell how much it meant to have you both there. It was fun, for lack of a better word.
I'm praying for Fia's passport and that you can all be together soon.
Tracie
Thanks for the update. I check up on you and your family everyday! I am praying that 2009 will bring many blessings to you and your family - namely, living under the same roof - and soon!
Love from Montana,
Annika
Hi Kristin! I finally have put together my adoption blog. All of you who are ahead of us in this process have been so incredible to watch as we have begun this journey. My 'new' blog is at www.ghanagetsugar.blogspot.com
Still praying for Kwame & Fia!
Amy
hey kristin,
i had a friend who went through this a couple years ago and he was such a trooper. he is healthier than ever and a serious inspiration as i'm sure tracie is.
you all are in my thoughts.
ursula
Kristin - You are funny - yes, we are going thru AAI - read both your comments. I can only imagine how distracted you are!! I feel distracted and we are not even on the 'tarmac' yet, so to speak I just love hopping around to all the adoptive family blogs. I hope that our process will go quickly!!
I'm sure that you blessed your friend beyond measure by making that first chemo apt. "fun".
We're still praying for you on the adoption front.
Post a Comment