Thursday, January 22, 2009

Best Birthday Present Ever-Fia's Passport!!!


WE GOT IT! WE GOT IT! WE GOT IT!!! Can you tell I am more than excited?!!! I received a phone call about an hour ago from Anita, our coordinator, who happens to be in Ghana right now. Of course when I answered the phone, I started babbling because when I saw the international number pop up, I was so hopeful that it was good news. I also have to admit that I answered it when I was driving, so I pulled over as soon as I could! ;) She said that they got Fia's passport and that they were going to bring the kids in for the medical appt. that they need for the visa tomorrow. I think they will probably have a visa interview early next week and hopefully get the visa by Friday next week!

I have been crying with Daron, shaking, jumping up and down with Ella, you name it! Most importantly, I have been shouting out thanksgivings and praises to God that we finally get to be blessed and trusted to bring these two wonderful gifts into our family. I so very thankful and RELIEVED that it is finally time for them to be able to come home.

Earlier in the week we actually reserved tickets for next Friday the 30th to travel. We had to do that to get an itinerary for my mom's visa application. Secretly, and maybe not that secretly, I have been hoping it would work out this way so that we could really travel then and arrive there on the 31st, which is my birthday!! How cool is that? I think it is going to work out to be able to go and be with my two newest children and start the rest of our lives together on my birthday. Wow!!! I feel so overwhelmed by excitement right now.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for lifting our family up in so many prayers. I am beyond humbled by how many of you have been praying for our family and these passports!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good. Thank you Lord. Gordy

Anonymous said...

Dear Jags,

I'm so excited for you! I had hoped you would have good news on inauguration day given that it was the anniversary of the day we first saw Elizabeth's picture (8 years ago). I kept checking and hoping and praying and.... hoping and praying...

Safe and speedy travels!
Kate (and Ron and Elizabeth too)

Jess said...

Yeah!!! What a wonderful birthday present for sure!

Angela said...

Oh sweet friend! So grateful, and even crying a little right now!! Wish I could give you a big hug!!! Congrats!! Angela

Amy said...

Couldn't be happier for you! God's timing for you to get there on your birthday just seems like one of those sweet reminders that He is always with us. :) Can't wait until you are home together and living life!

Fabu

Laurel said...

Yea! Sooo.... excited for you and your family.

How special to be able to travel with your mom, to go bring home those precious little ones.

The next week will fly by, as you are packing and getting ready.

We'd love to meet your precious family, after you are all home and settled.

Hugs & Blessings,

Laurel :)

Anonymous said...

YES!! So excited for you all! Definitely a wonderful birthday present...going to be impossible to top it! Congratulations and you and your mom will be in our thoughts and prayers during your travels!

Ingrid said...

I can't even tell you how much joy filled my heart when I got your phone call this morning, I started crying at U-Village and Lola asked me why, I told her that her new cousins get to come home. She is so excited as are we. I can't wait to meet them and hold them in my arms! You have been so patient, and waiting on God's timing, and he is blessing you on Your Birthday! We can't wait for you to get back home!
Ingrid

Leah said...

Hi Kristin, I've been following your blog as my hubby and I are also adopting from Ghana. I am so so excited that you finally got Fia's passport. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you guys to leave them in Ghana!! I am so excited for your family!!! :)
Leah

Lindahl News 2 said...

YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!


May you feel the love surrounding you today as blog hugs are poured upon you...such happy news!

Kristin said...

I LOVE you guys that made comments! Thanks so much for brightening my day on the hard days and now one of the most fantastic days-thanks!

Deborah said...

I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!
At last, at last, at last!!
Wow...God is so awesome. I have been watching your blog and waiting for the good news. I was sooo hoping that something would happen while Anita was there :) It will be a joy to see pics of everyone at home together.

Have a wonderful trip!! Please hug my babies while you're there, and tell them that it won't be too long before they are home, too.

Becca Groves said...

Aunt Louie called me today at work and I shouted and yelled with her and then had to go and explain to all my new co-workers what the noise was all about.

JOY JOY JOY. So how did you tell Justus and Greta? Did you wait until they came home from school? Oh, happy, happy family!

JOYFULLY,
Becca

Robin Dodd Photography said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The babies are coming home!!!

Ginny and Ben said...

Yahoo!! I am so excited for you!

annika said...

YAY!
What GOOD NEWS! We will continue to pray for all the details to come together as you prepare for your second journey to bring your children home and make your family complete! We love you.

blessedfamily said...

Yaay! I am soo far behind on your journey. I am excited for you all! Can't wait to read about the home coming!