Today is the day!!! My mom and I will head out to Ghana today! It is surreal- I still have a few things to do, but I wanted to post a goodbye and thank you for all your prayers and birthday wishes. It makes it so much easier to leave my family here when so many people have offered up their help; especially since both my mom and I will be out of town! :) Daron has it covered though and I know the kids will probably be in better hands. Lately, I have been so focused on getting the rest of our family home to us!
I just got off the phone with the guest house where we will be staying. They had gotten my email, but didn't respond! ;) He has it all ready he said and our suitcase that we left there (with all of Fia and Kwame's things) is still there-that is a relief! We thought we would only be leaving it a week of so....
Well, I would love prayers for a safe travel, a wonderful reunion with the kids, a huge time of bonding with both myself with the kids and their grandma, ease into taking care of them full time, continued grants coming in to help defray the adoption cost, and most importantly that the certified birth certificate that we have is suffice for the original that was lost of Kwame's . We need this for the visa interview on Monday. I also ask for prayers that we really get an interview on Monday and that they are able to process our visas by Thurs.
My prayer is that I lift all these things up to God as I leave and I ask him to take away any worry (that can sometime creep in), I ask him also to watch over my family here, keep them safe, and bring us all home together as a family of seven next week! Thank you God for this wonderful gift you have given our family! Amen!
9 comments:
Kristin-Just remind yourself that God has brought you this far, what's to worry about? Once you arrive, you will be together, and all the fear will melt away. Remember "Who, by worrying, can add a single day to his life?" Have a joyful, peaceful trip whose memories will be clear and defined in you for your lifetime. God bless you.
--Rebecca
Said a little prayer for you! Have a wonderful time bonding with your little ones!
Wishing you a safe, wonderful trip!!! Harmony
Wishing safe travels and quick success with the visa! Enjoy those kids! We'll be praying for you!
Have a wonderful trip! Love,
God is with you!
Love,
Sue
You're in my prayers for a safe and wonderful trip! Bring those babies home!!!
I know Accra is a big city, but we will be there in the middle of next week and staying for about 2 weeks. If you'd like to try to meet and say "hello" shoot me an email! We'll be checking in with our crew via gmail the whole time!
I know what you mean about feeling like your kids will get better care once you are gone...that is how I feel. I'm so distracted and find it hard to give them much undivided attention (I just don't have much of anything that is undivided right now!).
Anyway - safe travels and praying for a sweet reunion and the details to be in place for Kwame and Fia to come home! Hope to meet you in Ghana!
Eeek! It's time!!!! Prayers for you that all known obstacles simply appear that way and will be easily resolved! Much peace and joy for you!!! Can't wait to hear about your return. :)
Fabu
Prayers for a safe trip, that the wheels of goverment are well oiled, and a wonderful time of bonding with with your babies.
Blessings.
Post a Comment