Well, no word today on Fia's passport. We just don't quite understand it all. As you may remember, Fia's passport was done while Daron was in Ghana and it has been on a director's desk on lock down ever since. This director has her own agenda we believe and is just refusing to let some of them out. Five passports from our agency were released last week, one being Kwame's, but they were by different directors. If you remember, Kwame's passport was lost in the office, so when we were in Ghana last month, we reapplied for it and his came out now before Fia's. I am sure that you are getting the feel that we just can't predict anything, so we have no idea when we will get Fia's. Who knows?
What I do know, is that my kids are always on my mind. I can not go a few minutes without thinking about them. I go to sleep thinking about them, wake up in the night thinking about them, and the first thing I do in the morning is check my email to see if there is any news. Every time I think of them, I say a prayer; it is either a plea for the passports, a prayer of thanksgiving for my children, one of hope that they know we are coming back for them, or a prayer that they are safe and healthy. There are at least two others adopting from Ghana that are now just waiting for passports of their children to travel too.
I would just ask that you pray with me for:
*All of the passports that are done and ready, to be handed over to the families/agencies that are waiting for them so we can bring our children home!
*Pray for the directors (all of them) that they will feel led/moved to hand over all the passports completed or soon to be completed and be friendly about it.
*That wherever either of Fia's passports are in the process (and the others that are waiting) that it/they can be finished this week and that all the equipment, electricity, etc. is working to process these correctly and efficiently-with NO mistakes on them.
My personal good news is that we have decided that I will be the one to go back to Ghana to bring home our children. YEA!! It has been something that I really felt strongly about. Daron was able to really bond with them for the three weeks before I got there and when I came, I had the three oldest kids. I would do it that way again if I had the chance, but I am really going to cherish this one on two time with the kids before we come home. The other big news it that I don't have to go alone. My mom is coming with me!! I think it will be wonderful for her to see where her grandchildren are from, experience this with me, and as Ella told her, "you need to take care of your daughter when you are there." So cute! It will be wonderful to have my mom with me and to go through this amazing time together. Fia and Kwame are going to be so blessed when they get to know all their grandparents! They are lucky to have two sets that are very involved and already love them so much. They also have three great grandma's that are praying for them daily and excited to meet them. How wonderful!
So...there you have it! If you see me talking to myself this week, I am probably actually having one of my discussions with God begging for our little ones to be able to come home.
10 comments:
Yeeeehaaahh!! So great that you get to go! Now the prayer continues to be that it will be SOON!!
Thanks Grandma Bev for 'keeping your daughter safe'. :)
Thanks for the specific prayer requests. We will now be more specific. Feeling your anxiety and lack of control-been there-and praying for the peace only your Father can provide.
JJ
and no blog yet-trying to get one started though :)
I'm so sorry about that last passport. I have a feeling some officials are waiting to see what direction the new gov't will take on adoptions before they make a move. The bead factory we went to was just outside of Accra - I have a brochure that has an email address and a phone number, if you're interested. The cocoa plantation is just beyond it by a half hour or so - it's called the Quarshie cocoa plantation. The batik factory is right in Accra - near the Labadi hotel and Chicken Licken - near the coast. I could get directions from my MIL for you. I'm so excited you get to go to Ghana - I already can't wait to go back in 8 years (that's the plan, anyway)!
Oh...I am so glad you get to go...and how wonderful to have Grandma Bev going with you! :) I will continue to pray with you all...you and Daron...the three kids on this continent...the two in Africa...your families...the government there...and particularly those in charge of her passport...Love to you all - Angela
Kristin,
Sending up prayers that Fia's passport is released and you get to bring your babies home so soon. I am very glad for you that your mom will go with you. Mine traveled with me and it was a whirlwind trip, but having her see where her grandchildren came from and having her by my side was a huge blessing. Let's hope you're traveling soon!
Fabu
I'm sending up prayers too Kristin!
My friend from high school just emailed me today that they have everything and are making travel plans to head to Ethiopia to bring home their baby girl!
I just know you'll be doing the same soon!
What a blessing that your mom will be there with you to bring them home!
Hugs and blessings to you all!
Hi Kristen-it's so nice to know that there is another mom that is feeling the same way I feel right now and that we are all praying for each other's passports! I miss my kids like crazy and, like you, think about them all the time. My daughter (who is 16) asks me several times a day if there is any news about "our kids." It seems sometimes like it will never really happen - I know you can relate to that! I am praying for you today and thank you so much for your prayers for us. Our little Naomi (in Ghana) sings a song that says "our God is a miracle God." I can just hear her little voice singing that - and I know it's true!
Cheryl
Hi Kristin,
Our application is complete with AAI and we are in the middle of our homestudy. What Directors are you referring to? The EHouse directors or goverment officials? Just trying to keep my eye out for what may be in our future!
My heart goes out to you - I already miss our children and we don't even know who they are yet!! I can't imagine already having held them!! I will be praying for a speedy passport for Fia!!
Thanks Kristin!
Amy
Amy, welcome to the group! Do you have a blog I can keep up with?
Regarding the directors, it is the Ghanaian passport office directors, definitely not Eban house! Thanks for your prayers on Fia's passport, we can really use it right now. I can't wait to hear who you are referred! We really grew to love all the kids when we visited.
I have checking your blog throughout the day and was hoping to read a post that read, "we got it!"
No passports today for us ...
We keep trusting and waiting!!
In Him
Maria
Post a Comment