Monday, January 26, 2009

Nothing is easy in adoption...but it is worth it!

Hello Friends and Fam,
Just updating to ask for prayer that doors open this week to go smoothly for their visa appts. at the US Embassy in Ghana. Fia and Kwame went to get their medicals for the visas today and they are going to try and get an appt. for Wed. or another time this week for the actual visa interview that is needed for the visa(does that make sense? Not unless you are in the adoption process probably!). Anyway, my mom and I are still planning on leaving on Friday, unless there is a big hang-up. On Friday we found out that the agency didn't have Kwame's birth certificate because it was lost with his initial paperwork at the passport office. Not the agency's fault, just another thing that is holding us up and not making this smooth sailing. They are hoping that a certified copy will suffice for the visa interview, but again, keep praying. My mom and I have our tickets on hold and they can be cancelled on Thurs. if we need. If we don't get the visa interview this week, it could be next week. Right now we are thinking that we will still travel and if we need to stay a few extra days, we will just enjoy them with my kids in tow! What is wonderful about this trip, is that we can take custody of them once we are there! It will be so wonderful to see their smiling faces again and reassure them that they are loved! I miss them so much. Please pray that doors open!! (Have I said that already???)

4 comments:

jesska lynn photography said...

i am so happy for you guys and Godly jealous (if i can be....) daniel and i just hope to have one or two of our own! pray for us! =0)*hugs*

Cheryl said...

You are in my prayers daily, Kristen! Isn't this just the hardest thing you've ever done??? I constantly wait for the phone to ring to hear that we have Annamarie's passport (and it's right this time!)

Yes - that pool was at Labade - it's GREAT! There is that huge area that is really shallow so they can play to their hearts content and not even "swim." Also - the fountain at the top is also a shallow pool and they can stand under the shower. Naomi didn't like that much at all, though. Doesn't like the water in her face!

Anyway - thanks for your prayers, too. Hopefully all of these kiddos will be home SOON!

Cheryl

Amy said...

Kristen! I have been thinking about you this week. I wish so badly that I was going to pick up my own 2 babes this Friday!! Have a safe trip. I pray that your reunion with Kwame & Fia is perfectly heavenly! Take lots of pics and let us know stories!
Amy

bbqdaisy said...

Hey Kristen!
Did the doors open???
Lots of prayers and blessings!
Maria