Thursday, January 22, 2009

Celebration!

We had fun telling the kids today that their sister Fia's passport came in today! Ella came home from kindergarten first and when we told her on the walk home, she started jumping up and down. Then she said, "Good thing I added that on about her passport onto my prayer this morning!" ;) So cute! Then, I had to restrain myself from running up to the school to tell the older kids, but kept busy by blogging and facebooking instead. When Justus and Greta got home, we told them that we should have a good dessert tonight for our celebration. Greta quickly asked what we were celebrating and all I had to do was give them a look and they knew!

The kids were beside themselves and the excitement is still going on now(It would actually have been better not to give a certain someone any more sugar, but ice cream was promised so I had to follow through). Daron stuck a roast in the crock pot right away after we found out our news this morning and we had a wonderful candlelit dinner with our roast, a favorite bean and edamame salad(a recipe thanks to Heather), and a bottle of Cakebread Cellar wine I have been saving for a special occasion. Yum!! Right now I am obviously blogging, Greta is cheerleading! :), and Justus, Ella, and Daron are playing a game of Othello. Thanks for the congrats today-we are beyond thrilled and when Becca asked what the kids thought, I thought it warranted it's own post and a picture.

On a side note: I haven't heard about any of the other three passports that I know my blogging friends are waiting for today. Please continue to pray for theirs so that we can have multiple celebrations going on this week!

On another side note: if you look close on the picture, you may see your Christmas picture hanging in the background! Also, the notes on the plates at each place setting were a surprise written by Greta that said, " We git to tack Fia and Nana home-Yeh!!!" It was so cute to have them on all our plates and see how excited the kids were.

16 comments:

Jen said...

Kristin,
You all so deserve this fabulous celebration. We were at the same point in the process over a year ago- both waiting for a referral and now I have had Selina home over six months. It has been a LONG road for the Jags. I can only imagine how excited you are that the time has finally come to bring your beautiful children home! They were so worth the wait. I am so so happy for you all. I can't wait to share stories and compare our toddler adoptions when you get home. I am here for you BFF! I am glad you broke out the Cakebread!! What a fabulous wine! Enjoy!

Hugs,
J

Robb and Rebecca said...

Kristin--

I've been following along silently (and getting updates from Angela, Sheri and Stacy), but had to rejoice with you out loud today. I'm both impressed and in awe with what your family is doing. Congrats on this almost final milestone. God knew what he was doing and it may take you the rest of your life to figure it out, but what a reward worth the wait. Have a great week, and a joyful birthday.

Rebecca

Kerry said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations! Hope you'll be traveling soon - maybe we'll be in Ghana at the same time...we are leaving in early Feb!

(We've "met" on the Ghana adoption yahoo group.)

Lindahl News 2 said...

Cheers to one and all!

Mom to Four said...

YEAH!!!! We are so excited for you! How fun for you all to celebrate this monumental milestone. Being able to watch your children at home pray, long for and rejoice when another step has taken place to bringing their sibling(s) home is so rewarding. What a special Birthday present. We will continue praying for your travels and the time at the embassy. There is a wonderful man, Peter, at the embassy that we were blessed to meet at the window. He was very helpful and was able to speed things along for us while getting our daughter's visa.
We did start a blog-if you want to check it out-we are still in the process of getting our adoption story added to it. (waggonerfamilyhoopla.blogspot.com)
praying and rejoicing-JJ

Lisa Michele said...

We are right beside you in celebration and praises to our Father! Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness! This gives all of the waiting families hope, finally we have heard of a passport being released! Yeah!
Many Continued Blessings,
Lisa

Ingrid said...

Last night during our prayers, we were praising God for Fia's passport, and I told Kaia that Grandma and Auntie Kristin get to go next Friday to Africa to get her cousins, Kaia said "why can't we go mommy? I really want to go and get them." I had to hold everything back, but I told her it cost a lot of money, and that this is a special time for the kids and their mommy, and that Grandma is going to help out. I told her that we would be waiting at the airport to meet them. She can't wait for that day to come. I am waiting for the day to day countdown! It was a very cute moment and I can't wait to see all the cousins together! We are thrilled and love the celebration pictures! I am glad you had a great bottle of wine!

Kristin said...

Kerry, can I get an invite to your blog? I would love to read about your adoption too!

Anonymous said...

I read your first post about the great news to Jenny and we both rejoiced with you! This is a great time for you as well as all of us who have been praying and following your updates. Thank you for allowing us to share in this. I can't wait to meet and tickle Fia and Kwame!

bbqdaisy said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is beyond WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Know that I AM CELEBRATING WITH YOU!!!!!!! This is FABELOUS!!! YIPEEE!!! YAHOOOOO!!! WAHOOOOO!!! What a WONDERFUL birthday present!!!!!
THANK YOU JESUS for Fia's passport!!!!!!
Blessings
Maria

Amy said...

KRISTEN!! Apparently, I have been MIA for a few days!! That is the BEST news!! I am so happy for y'all that you are bringing home your babies soon. What an incredible time - your children's reactions bless me!

We'll be praying for smooth travels!!
God is good -
Amy

Becca Groves said...

Thank you for the update on how you told your kids. I can't imagine the energy in your house- I mean, you have a lot of energy in that house anyway...and you have a lot more coming your way from Ghana. But what a BLAST! We are so happy for you. Praise the Lord.

Joyfully,
Becca

Ursula said...

HOORAY! congratulations you guys!!

Becca Groves said...

You want to post your salad recipe? That was kind of a tease, making me all hungry...

Beanlet said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Congratulations! I just heard now; Mat is the worst ever news conveyor. Can we do anything? Does Daron have it covered; do the kids want to stay over here a night or two or something? Yay! They're coming home!

Amber said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!! AT LAST! I'm overjoyed for you!!!!!

Does your face hurt from smiling yet? :)