On the adoption front, there is no news. It stinks. It smells. It's just annoying. I really want to have our youngest two home with us and finally be together. I hope it isn't too long and honestly, I can't see the end in sight right now. Between the holidays and the Ghanaian Presidential re-election on the 28th, I am guessing nothing will be done anytime soon. Trying to stay positive and even though it may not sound like it right now, I think I am for the most part. Our reality is that we have experienced our family of seven and now we feel incomplete. We pray it will be soon. I am sure you know what we are asking for this Christmas!
Another side note is that tomorrow is Kwame's 3rd birthday! Of course we wish that we could be with him, but we hope that he has a wonderful birthday tomorrow and that he feels special and loved. I can't wait to squeeze him again!

Happy Birthday Kwame!
Merry Christmas to all of you and I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating our Saviour's birth the next two days with family and friends. We will be having a candlelight service tomorrow at 4PM(it will be dark by the end) at Alive Covenant and it sounds like it will be very beautiful and low-key service celebrating Jesus's birth. I can not wait. I pray that you have a safe and very Merry Christmas too!
4 comments:
Merry Christmas to you and yours, too.
I am so sorry to hear that the adoption story is extended. How you should be with little Kwame as he has his birthday! You're right: it stinks. It smells.
As for the snow part, that is good news for your kids! We are getting dumped on here in L'Ville, too. Wes and I are not having much fun playing in the snow, however!
Hi Kristin,
I love your story and jumped to your blog through some of the other Ghana Adoption blogs. My husband and I are in the initial stages of adopting from Ghana - beginning the homestudy this week. I believe we are settling on working with AAI. I have LOVED reading your blogs - Kwame and Fia are beautiful and my husband and I both cried at Kwame's initial sighting of your husband! My husband is also in ministry - would love to stay in touch with you to ask any questions or advice as we go. My email is afritchman@gmail.com and my blog (which hasn't been updated for a LONG time is amyfritch.blogspot.com) I'll try to begin writing again - it may be very cathartic for me! I'll keep Kwame, Fia and their journey home to your family in our prayers. God speed!
I keep checking your blog, waiting to hear some good news!
Oh, Kristin! I am so sorry about your passports. I really do feel your pain. I had accepted the fact that we might not pick her up until January, February, etc. Then the day after the I-600 approval, the passport came! I don't have any secret sauce. I wish I could tell you WHY our was processed, but I can't. We thought we had our application in back in July, but it turns out the 'expediter' didn't turn it in then, because he knew it would sit in a pile. I'm not sure when it really WAS turned in. I will keep praying for you. And cute blog background!
Post a Comment