Our for our first meal as a family to Southern Fried Chicken(we had pizza)\
Hi All!
The five of us decided to take a trip to Cape Coast and Elmina for the night and we have had a nice time, although it was hard for all of us to leave the youngest two. Justus and Greta are also so sensitive about this and worried that Fia and Kwame will think that we left; they have such tender hearts. We prayed and prayed that F & K knew that we would be back and that they had a good day.
Yesterday we went to a place for lunch that has a moat around it with crocodiles! It was a highlight for the kids since we got to see them swim around, sleep, eat naturally, and be fed! It was pretty cool and I was very happy that we didn't bring the younger two or I would have been a mess with them running around thinking that they would fall in and be a quick lunch. :) Of course, I would rather have them with us and go somewhere else for lunch. After lunch we went to Elmina and it was very moving. If you are not aware of what it is, it is a castle that was once used by the Dutch for slave trading. The Cape Coast Castle, that we will see today, was used by the British, I believe. We all were deeply saddened by what we saw and pray that nothing like these tragedies happens again.


The place we are staying at is very nice and has a great cool breeze. We had our own little guest house off the hotel. We even had a thunderstorm last night, which was so refreshing as Midwesterners living in Seattle where we obviously have rain, but hardly ever thunderstorms. They had the MOST wonderful meal of our entire trip! Coffee!!! African pancakes(close to Swedish), french toast, bananas, fresh pineapples and juice(I even liked the pineapple), and toast with jelly!!! The whole family was in heaven!


Today we will go back to Accra and visit the kids - we miss them! We also hope to go with a friend we have met to find some fabric to bring home and maybe have dresses/shirts made for all the kids. Tonight we are going to stay at different hotel than the guesthouse that we used miles at to stay at for a couple of days. It has a pool and we plan on bringing the kids over with us to swim for awhile. We'll see though, we picked a busy time here with the election, which is tomorrow, so traffic may be too bad. We literally got our car swarmed by a mass of people in a traveling rally when we were driving through Elmina. They were all excited, but I was super freaked out as they were trying to give us high fives and open our doors. Luckily we locked them and someone else was outside kind of watching and keeping his eye on us it looked like. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't want them to see my camera. I was very happy to get back to the hotel.
Our new plan right now is for the three oldest and I to still come back on Tues/Wed. and Daron is going to stay until Friday with hopes of bringing the youngest with him. If it doesn't work, he will come home and one of us will have to come back. We really don't want to leave the kids again. I feel that Fia is so hurt by all of the times she has been abandoned.....I don't want her to feel it again. PLEASE Pray for a miracle-God is moving mountains! We have our 1-600 and hopefully they will find Kwames passport and sign Fia's!
The five of us decided to take a trip to Cape Coast and Elmina for the night and we have had a nice time, although it was hard for all of us to leave the youngest two. Justus and Greta are also so sensitive about this and worried that Fia and Kwame will think that we left; they have such tender hearts. We prayed and prayed that F & K knew that we would be back and that they had a good day.
Yesterday we went to a place for lunch that has a moat around it with crocodiles! It was a highlight for the kids since we got to see them swim around, sleep, eat naturally, and be fed! It was pretty cool and I was very happy that we didn't bring the younger two or I would have been a mess with them running around thinking that they would fall in and be a quick lunch. :) Of course, I would rather have them with us and go somewhere else for lunch. After lunch we went to Elmina and it was very moving. If you are not aware of what it is, it is a castle that was once used by the Dutch for slave trading. The Cape Coast Castle, that we will see today, was used by the British, I believe. We all were deeply saddened by what we saw and pray that nothing like these tragedies happens again.
The place we are staying at is very nice and has a great cool breeze. We had our own little guest house off the hotel. We even had a thunderstorm last night, which was so refreshing as Midwesterners living in Seattle where we obviously have rain, but hardly ever thunderstorms. They had the MOST wonderful meal of our entire trip! Coffee!!! African pancakes(close to Swedish), french toast, bananas, fresh pineapples and juice(I even liked the pineapple), and toast with jelly!!! The whole family was in heaven!
Today we will go back to Accra and visit the kids - we miss them! We also hope to go with a friend we have met to find some fabric to bring home and maybe have dresses/shirts made for all the kids. Tonight we are going to stay at different hotel than the guesthouse that we used miles at to stay at for a couple of days. It has a pool and we plan on bringing the kids over with us to swim for awhile. We'll see though, we picked a busy time here with the election, which is tomorrow, so traffic may be too bad. We literally got our car swarmed by a mass of people in a traveling rally when we were driving through Elmina. They were all excited, but I was super freaked out as they were trying to give us high fives and open our doors. Luckily we locked them and someone else was outside kind of watching and keeping his eye on us it looked like. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't want them to see my camera. I was very happy to get back to the hotel.
Our new plan right now is for the three oldest and I to still come back on Tues/Wed. and Daron is going to stay until Friday with hopes of bringing the youngest with him. If it doesn't work, he will come home and one of us will have to come back. We really don't want to leave the kids again. I feel that Fia is so hurt by all of the times she has been abandoned.....I don't want her to feel it again. PLEASE Pray for a miracle-God is moving mountains! We have our 1-600 and hopefully they will find Kwames passport and sign Fia's!
Much love!
Kristin
Kristin
1 comment:
I didn't want to put two posts on onw day......Your big kids look like they are really digging it. God is so evident to me in your family right now...I'm in awe!!
Post a Comment