Here are a few pictures from yesterday after we got back from the Cape Coast. It was almost dinner time, so we stayed for a bit so we could see all the sweeties that are at Eban House. This little girl loves Ella holding her.
Oh, while we were in Cape Coast, we found an amazing shop called Global Mamas!! I guess I like stores with the name Mama in it (if you have read previous posts). Anyway, all the clothes and jewelry is fair trade and made in Ghana by women that they have trained in batik and jewelry making. It was great and stylish! The girls and I got a few new pieces to bring home for us and Fia!

Well, we had a wonderful day today. Daron left the hotel right after breakfast to bring the kids to our place to hang out for the day. We weren't sure if it was the best decision since they would have to be brought back, but most other families have done this when they were in our shoes and the kids really seem to enjoy getting out of the orphanage for a day with their family. I am glad we did it, it was a special bonding day. Hopefully they will be okay when we go back tomorrow to see them again.



Once they got here we changed into our suits right away and headed down to the pool. We changed them into some of the clothes we brought and some new sandals. This was probably the wrong move since when we had to bring them back, Fia was VERY sad about not getting to wear her dress that was at the hotel. Once I got through to her that we would keep it for her and she would get to wear it again, but I didn't want it to get lost at Eban, she was better. I had Greta hide her sandals so that it wouldn't be a problem, but it still was. She loved her dress(a H& M hand me down of Ella's) and sun hat so much that when we were done taking naps in the afternoon, she didn't want to change into her swim suit again. We eventually coaxed her into getting into her suit again to swim down by the pool when her dress got wet.
Kwame is really laid back, for the most part and loved swimming and pointing out every dead bug that was in the water. He would eat everything we gave him to try, except the watermelon. Once he would eat something, then Fia would try it. It was kind of funny. They share everything and make sure if one gets something, that the other gets to try it too. They have a deep bond and it is special to witness.
After our morning swim, we took naps after we bathed them-what a special moment to be able to hold them and fall asleep together. Hmmm.....as the picture shows, it was priceless! Look, she is even sleeping in her hat!
Tomorrow is the last full day for the kids and I here. I can hardly bear to think about leaving the two kids and Daron. Daron is so ready to be home, but also doesn't want to leave the kids with us being 'so' close to getting Kwame's passport. Fia's was supposed to get signed by the director on Thurs, but I haven't heard if it did or not. So.........we would love prayers still for both their passports to be ready miraculously on Tues. morning so that we could get over to the visa center and try and get it expedited in one day. If we can't get it all done, Daron is planning on coming home now on Friday, but even if we still got the passports on Tues/Wed. it will be cutting it close with a medical check up we need to do after being issued the passports and then getting the visas. The US Embassy seems like they will do what they can with the visas, so we are feeling good about that(if we can just get the passports!) Monday is still a holiday for their election, so nothing can be done tomorrow, in case you were wondering. Boy, do I wish I would have realized the election was going on right when we were coming before I booked the tickets. I should have known, but oh well.
Miss you all and from some of your comments, yes, it is very hot here. Probably around 90 and very humid. The kids and I aren't so flushed any longer, it was just the first couple of days. The kids had heat rashes and we seemed to be sweating up a storm. Now it seems much better(or maybe it is that we are in air conditioning)! ;) Either way, our bodies have adjusted now just in time to come home to cold and wet WA.
Meda Wo my friends! (I love you in Twi)
Kristin
P.S. For those that have emailed me, my comcast address doesn't work over here and I haven't even been able to open it. Just post here if there was something or email Daron(his works).
My yahoo works, but slow to load.
10 comments:
Praying for a miracle... You are so close to having your family together forever...it will happen soon even if it's not this week. Trust that God is in control - look what He's done already! We love you!!! Nate & Karen
What a precious photo of Daron napping with the kids! Things will work out, hang in there!
Love,
Sue
We really miss you here in Washington!! Hurry home with your bigger family....praying, praying, praying!! :)
We're dying to meet the little ones. We know it will be a while, once they are home....we'll be patient. I can't imagine what it felt like to be in your shoes just before you left. The excitement is crazy, and they aren't even my kids. God is good, he will see this thru!!! Much love.
Love the pictures as always! Definitely still praying over here in Seattle!!
Love the photos and praying that things all work out!
Fabu
Loved getting to see the photos of all of you - and the one of Daron sleeping with the kids is especially sweet. Will keep praying with you all! Can't wait to meet the newest members of your family!
Love Angela
I love the pictures, sure looks like you guys spent some great time together. We are praying hard things work out for speedy passports. Also have to say it warms my heart to see Kwame's outfit :)
L,
Randi
You have no idea how thrilled I am that you have internet!
All your kids are just adorable and it's fun to see their photos. I hope you and Daron are enjoying this true adventure - what a cool life experience of creating a new family.
We'll pray for those passports!!!
I miss you and can't wait to hug your neck! Come home soon!
Hi Jags,
We are still praying like crazy for those passports. Your family is precious! Can't wait for Fia and Kwame to join us on our walks to school!
Tracy Wall
Love all of the pictures. The kids are adorable together. My favorite picture is you with the coffee cup! can't imagine 10 days without coffee!
WE can't wait for you to get home. Hopefully everything will work out this week. We're praying for you and thinking positvie thoughts. Safe travels tomorrow!
Tracie
Post a Comment