Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Almost Inevitable

Justus and his new drum!

Siblings!

Well, no news is bad news! I wish it was different, but it looks like no passports yet another day, so Daron will have to come back tomorrow. I know he is physically and emotionally ready to come home. He was not feeling so well tonight with chills and dizziness, so I pray that he just needed a good nights sleep and a good meal tomorrow ( I don't think he eats/refuels as much when his family isn't there reminding him to eat by whining "I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, Can I have a Fan Ice?") It is just so hot and humid there that you just hardly ever feel hungry, so you have to remind yourself to eat - even then, nothing really sounded good to me. So, physically, please pray for him to wake up feeling better.

Emotionally, it will also potentially be hard for him if he doesn't get the passports in hand tomorrow. If he happens to get them in hand, he will postpone coming home again for a couple more days, but this is almost impossible. I do continue to hope and pray though since I know "All things are possible," but I am trying to let my heart realize a reality that will most likely happen in that Daron will come home alone tomorrow and then our family will not be together for a few more weeks(hopefully not longer). Yes, that means that they won't be with us for Kwame's birthday/Christmas and it is hard to let that sink in, since in my head when we got the referral, I thought they would most likely be home for Thanksgiving and for sure Christmas.

So.......I am trying to prepare my heart and my head for what may be. I haven't told the kids yet and they will be devastated. When they came home from school, they ran to the house when they saw me to ask if we had good news. I shook my head and Justus just started bawling. They are so scared of leaving them there and them not knowing/understanding why we left. Justus said he was thinking about it and praying during school and thought God told him, that they would be coming home with Daron, so Justus said he was happy the rest of the day. He was just so sad and wondered why he thought he heard that. I told him there was still a very small chance that Daron could get the passports tomorrow, but the track record isn't good here, so I didn't want him to be counting on it. When they realize that it won't be until after Christmas, most likely, it will be hard.

On a positive note, I got to talk to Fia and Kwame when I talked to Daron today. He told them I was on the phone and I guess they got the biggest smiles and wanted to talk to me. Before I went over there, talking on the phone to me wasn't something that they were interested in. Now, it was so cute, because they were chatting up a Twi storm to me and saying "Hi MomME! "and saying "Meda Wo(I love you) "It was super fun and cute to hear them talking to me and laughing in the background. It almost sounded as thought they had forgiven me for leaving them-they weren't too happy when we left.

Well, I hope you are all well and I pray that you are having a wonderful Christmas Season.
LOVE,
K
Here are the African Pancakes that we got at our
Cape Coast hotel-they were so yummy and
resembled Swedish Pancakes
Crocodile feeding at the restaurant we went
to at the Cape Coast. There was a moat around
us and we ate in the middle. The next pictures
were taken there too. Isn't my husband
handsome? I think so!

4 comments:

Gordy Halverson said...

Kristin, Not sure why God doesn't answer when we expect Him to. His word says "Call to me and I will answer" and there has been no lack of calling Him by hundreds of your closest friends and family. Believe me, God's HEARING us. But He can particularly seem silent when we are the most emotionally drained and challenged about an "impossible" situation. Yet we followers know from experience that He delivers. You and Daron have done everything God has asked of you with Fia and Kwame. So don't accept guilt about leaving and don't beat yourselves up with "if only's"....The kids are in God's hands and He will still protect them and comfort them. The kids know you will be back for them because you told them so. They are exceedingly more fortunate than millions in the world because they have a great hope. What a wonderful gift for them this Christmas.....HOPE!. God has amazingly provided for them so far. He won't stop now. Remember, He has told us to "Give Me your HEAVY burdens".... "Cast ALL your cares on Me" (one minute, one hour, one day at a time)

Ginny and Ben said...

Congrats on your I600! The embassy must have been busy this week -we got our approval as well. I hope the passport office follows suit. We are still waiting on our passport, too. Maybe we will meet up in Ghana after all!

tlforsythe said...

We love you guys!!
Yes, your husband is handsome and looking a little thin. Is he eating at all?!
My heart aches with yours. I think Gordy said it well, HOPE!!!

Laurel said...

Last year, we too, thought our kids would be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I so understand your heartache and disappointment.

Hugs & Blessings,

Laurel :)