Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A non-news update

Just thought I would give an update because everyone has been so great to check in on us and wonder if there is anything new. Unfortunately there is no news in Ghana. No passports; nothing. I wish there was a morsel of something, but not today. I will keep praying for tomorrow.
We did, however, get some pictures sent to us on Monday of our kiddos that day-pretty neat that I got to see them same day from around the world. There are some Americans that volunteer weekly at Eban and they sent me these two pictures of our kids and one of Justus and his best bud, 'E' and 'A' at Eban House. He misses his friends. It was wonderful to see the kids bond from different continents-how cool, huh?

Well, it looks like there is snow in much of the USA right now, so I hope you are all enjoying the snow days and cookie making days in anticipation of our Savior's birth. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been reading your blogs for a few months now, we are currently in Ghana in the process of adopting our precious little girl. We also have three biological children. We started the process in the US when I returned from a mission trip from the Volta Region, distributing mosquito nets to prevent the spread of malaria, in June. Trying to find an agency in the US, specifically in Oklahoma was unsuccessful. So I turned to the internet to find as much information as I could. I have found your blog to be very helpful. We have been praying for you family, and might have crossed paths with your husband in the airport on Friday when we arrived. I am so sorry to hear the troubles of the passports. We too had much trouble, and when we began asking about filing a new one, we find a little more success. The whole passport process did take about 4 months for us. They were claiming they were out of books to put them in. I think we did things a bit differently than others, doing it all ourselves with some help of a local atty. We filed our i-600 in the US and received approval and a visa appt just before we traveled. We finalized in court on Monday and had our visa appt on Tuesday. We were short a paper from social welfare granting us permission to take her out of the country, we were able to get an appt the next day and presented it and were given the blue sheet to say come back and get her visa on Thurs afternoon-because we asked instead of Friday when they say they do it. There was a wonderful man named Peter, behind the embassy window we worked with. Each time we were there we asked for him, which meant waiting an hour or so at times, but well worth it.
Your family has given us so much hope and by writing this i hope to offer you a glimpse of hope. We will continue to be praying for you and look forward to reading your blog about the day you will be bringing your precious children home.
We would love to offer any help if we are able-or answer any questions. If you would like my email I would be happy to share it with you-you can read a little bit about our story on our church's website www.northhavenchurch.net under our pastor's blog-Mitch. Thank you so much for sharing your story, to help others like ourselves.
JJ and Tony

Angela said...

Kristin & Daron - we are sending you lots of love and prayers...
Angela & Adam

Kristin said...

JJ- I just read your pastor's blog and was so amazed by your process! How wonderful that you received the I-600 stateside and were able to get your visa already so quickly when you got in country. I didn't realize that you could file for the 1-600 before you went to court, so that would be hopeful for other families traveling. I hope we can get our passports soon too. Did you do the calling or the attorney. I thought you had to be Ghanaian to apply for it. We were told that we may get Kwame's tomorrow. I don't want to hold my breath, but I will pray!! Blessings on the rest of your traveling and if you want to give your email, that would be great!

Anonymous said...

We did everything a little unconventional i think not going thru an agency, but we could not find one, so sometimes we felt like we were paving our own road-but God has been so faithful throu the whole process. We pushed our I-600 form thru the New Hampshire office with daily phone calls and had our congressmen and senators call on our behalf. They also emailed the embassy for us as well, saying our i-600 form was on the way. We asked any and everybody we could. Even our wonderful Gov. Brad Henry helped. We knew many doors would be closed but we also knew there was no chance they would be open if we did not knock and sometimes bang consistently on them.
I do hope and will be praying you will get both passports very soon. We actually had the orphanage director calling daily on our behalf for the passport and then the atty, joined in.
My email is fivewaggoners@yahoo.com. We will be leaving Ghana tomorrow evening the 19th with our beautiful six year old daughter in tow and the ever so important sealed package. I know with Christmas, life can be a bit crazy but if there is anything we can help answer or do for you we would love to help.
God bless you!
JJ