Daron got home safe and sound yesterday and he is feeling much better! It was so great to see him and the kids and I were thrilled to have him here. I have been sick the last couple of days, so I am glad that I seem to be over that and now all we are still dealing with is jet lag. Daron had a good last couple of days with the kids and enjoyed a fun game of hide and seek with them. As other 3 and 4 yr. olds, they kept hiding in the same spot and they thought it was so much fun!
Since we have arrived home, we have been blessed beyond measure by our church family and friends. One house church from Alive surprised us with a clean house and new twin bed in the girls room, as well as a new dresser too! The girls are in heaven and still trying to figure out how best to divie up the drawers! Some have blessed us with fantastic hand me downs, as well as some special new outfits for the kids and diapers for the kids. Friday, when I was feeling a bit down and sick, I received a phone call that a couple of friends were stopping by for a quick visit. When they rang the doorbell, they had a Christmas tree in tow. The next day, they sent their husbands over to hang Christmas lights outside for us. What a blessing our whole community of family and friends are. It was perfect timing, because this morning we woke up to our first snow! I couldn't help but think how wonderful it would have been for Fia and Kwame to experience the excitement of snow in our parts, but their time will come and who knows, they may have been scared by it! (Yeah right!)
This weekend, we have our wonderful sister/sister-in-law, Kathy, here the weekend and I am so thankful she was here yesterday when I was sick. She helped out so much with the kids and they love being with her. The kids were lucky enough to open up early Christmas presents from both she and Mark and Sarah and Brooks and they were thrilled. Justus happened to get the exact long shot Nerf gun that he wanted(and I wasn't going to get him b/c I thought he had enough), so I was very happy for him. We celebrated St. Lucia day both yesterday and today(since Daron was here) and Justus decided to be her bodyguard throughout the procession. He was quite proud.
Since we have arrived home, we have been blessed beyond measure by our church family and friends. One house church from Alive surprised us with a clean house and new twin bed in the girls room, as well as a new dresser too! The girls are in heaven and still trying to figure out how best to divie up the drawers! Some have blessed us with fantastic hand me downs, as well as some special new outfits for the kids and diapers for the kids. Friday, when I was feeling a bit down and sick, I received a phone call that a couple of friends were stopping by for a quick visit. When they rang the doorbell, they had a Christmas tree in tow. The next day, they sent their husbands over to hang Christmas lights outside for us. What a blessing our whole community of family and friends are. It was perfect timing, because this morning we woke up to our first snow! I couldn't help but think how wonderful it would have been for Fia and Kwame to experience the excitement of snow in our parts, but their time will come and who knows, they may have been scared by it! (Yeah right!)
This weekend, we have our wonderful sister/sister-in-law, Kathy, here the weekend and I am so thankful she was here yesterday when I was sick. She helped out so much with the kids and they love being with her. The kids were lucky enough to open up early Christmas presents from both she and Mark and Sarah and Brooks and they were thrilled. Justus happened to get the exact long shot Nerf gun that he wanted(and I wasn't going to get him b/c I thought he had enough), so I was very happy for him. We celebrated St. Lucia day both yesterday and today(since Daron was here) and Justus decided to be her bodyguard throughout the procession. He was quite proud.
Well, I am off to go and unpack more and clean up for church here later. May you have a wonderful weekend with your families!
14 comments:
Love the video. Happy to hear you're feeling better!
Oh man, what an awesome video! I was laughing out loud because they honestly probably thought Daron didn't know where they were every time. It was great hearing their voices and hearing them laugh!
Ok, I just watched it again because it was too funny! I can already tell they're an amazing addition to family!
Kristin, thank you for sharing your experiences! I have enjoyed reading all about what is going on in your lives, and it helps me to know how to specifically pray for you. Glad you are feeling better and that Daron is home. Your newest two are beautiful and a blessing to your family--congratulations!!! Love, Katheryne
Jag's,
great report. We're continuing to pray that the kids are in Poulsbo soon.
Glad you also have experienced the goodness of the family of as we have.
Uncle Scott
Oh my goodness, they are so adorable. I love their little sweet voices! I can't wait for them to get home. I am also relieved you are all feeling better. I was worried about Daron on the way home.
Jennine
Praying you can bring the children home SOOOOON!
Last year, we thought we would have our children home for Christmas, and we bought them all nice warm winter clothes. Then ... they didn't come home until March (believing this will NOT happen to you). Anyway, when we got snow at the end of March all of our friends blamed it on our kids prayers. As you know, snow at the end of March in Western Wa. is QUITE unusual. So ... I'm sure your kids will get some snow after they get home.
Stay warm! It is VERY cold up here in Whatcom County.
Laurel :)
Everything was moving along in your blog with dry eyes. You have incredible, supportive, thoughtful friends who love you very much!
Then when I heard the kids say, "Daddy,Daddy!" I lost it and am now sitting here with wet eyes. God bless you all; you are an amazing family.
Ooh....their giggles brought goosebumps! We keep praying with you all...Love, Angela
You guys are all in my prayers. I would imagine you are all feeling sad and disappointed. I am, and I'm just a cousin in Minnesota. We're praying for peace in your hearts and for your family to be together again soon. Thanks for keeping us all posted on your every day.
Dear Kristin,
You are a special friend, because you have seen and hugged and played with our little ones. You were our arms and hearts and voices. Thank you for taking so many wonderful pictures. We were squealing and oh so happy as we looked at the pics, imagining what they were thinking and saying. Your family is in our prayers. We do pray that you will be together and home so very soon.
We are praying for your little ones and they will be home soon. It was a blessig to hear them say daddy; it was great they will be home soon. Our little hopefully, will be too. Take care
I will keep following you guys
The Bledsoe Bunch is following your adventure and is very excited for the entire family! God is so very good to us all!!
A fun aside. When I picked Daron up outside at the airport I was shocked to see how thin he looked. He didn't think he'd lost any weight. I bet him he'd lost 5lbs (to hedge my bet). Then he said...."Let's stop at the first McDonald's." We did and he relished a Big Mac, fries and shake. Daron hummed to his food (he does that). The next morning he weighed in and he'd lost 17lbs. He still hasn't paid off. Gordy Halverson
Post a Comment