Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tuesday in Teshie




These were mosquito nets that we brought to the Kasoa
Orphanage where are kids first came from. Many of the
children get malaria there because it is so bad. This is
where Fia and Kwame had malaria.




The kids are helping to unload the six bags of donations
that we received from our community back home. They
were thrilled by them and we brought them to both
orphanages.


Here are some pictures to share with you all. I will have more throughout the trip and after I get home. I don't have the cord with for the the camera we took the pictures of our first meeting (and of course the card doesn't fit in Daron's computer as it did mine when I checked it), so those will have to be for when we get home. Sorry. There is a favorite one that Daron took of me holding Fia and Kwame and the older three surrounding us. I love it! It warms a mother's heart and I can't wait to share it when we get home. But until then, you will probably get some random pictures.
Thanks for all the amazing comments that you all left! They really lifted me up right now as I am here at Eban. Daron is checking on a lead right now on the kids' passports the kids and I came over to Eban. And in the afternoon we will check on the 1-600 again. When we got here, you can tell Kwame was sad that Daddy wasn't here. He also was maybe sad because Mefia wasn't here either. When we arrived they said that she was at the hospital for a check up right now for some rash on her stomach. I pray it is nothing big.
Yesterday we went to an small outside market that was on the way to Lartey, the village where the kids were from. At the market we found some great drums, some jewelry, and others pieces of art that we can bring home for all the kids, as especially for Fia and Kwame to have to remember Ghana. The kids have already formed a band and I think I will have to place the drums off limits or maybe send them to my parents to play their beautiful music! :) We did get up to their village and it was absolutely beautiful up there. It is in an area of mountains and valleys and we really enjoyed it. We also became friends with our driver and he took a "short-cut" to go and introduce us to his family. It was nice to meet them and well worth the "short-cut", even though we didn't get to some of the other places that we wanted to see. We did experience Ghana and the countryside and on the way home went to a small reserve that we got to see baboons up close! Very cool.
Today we are just playing and praying that Daron is able to get some good news for us!! Our hope was for tomorrow to be our good -bye party and take the kids with us to the coast. We will leave for the coast for one night on Friday, where we will visit the Elmina Castle and other sites along the way.

12 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

It is wonderful that you can keep blogging for us....thanks! That first picture melted my heart, as the others have, too.

May God continue to provide for all your needs and I will keep praying for you that passports will soon be in hand!

Godspeed.

Renee said...

Praying for good news and for you all!

I love all the pics! It is wonderful to see the children in their Mama's arms.

Angela said...

Oh Kristin...thanks for sharing the pictures...the tears are just rolling down...you guys look so beautiful! I can't wait to meet the kiddos! :) Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Nicholas & Alyssa were so excited to see them this morning. We all miss you guys. Hopefully you'll get some good news today.
Tracie

Becca Groves said...

We are praying hard for this paper work. I hope Daron's trip today was filled with hopeful news. I read all your comments from yesterday and I LOVED your parents writing, filled with hope and promises. I am going to go and read that again. It was so comforting!

Love you all. Can't wait to see more and more pictures!
Joyfully, Becca

ps..You guys all look very hot in these pictures...what is the temperature there?

Sue said...

Sounds like you're trip is going well. The children are just adorable!

I pray that the Lord provides a way so I can visit Ghana amd my friends there again someday.

Soak up every moment you can!

Love,

Sue

Unknown said...

I'm THRILLED to see the pics of ALL the Jags in Ghana! How wonderful that you can finally hold those kiddos in your arms after your long wait...I can only imagine your joy! I'm sending prayers from NH that your paperwork issues are quickly resolved and that you can all return safely together soon. Hug ALL your kids for me! xo Carolyn

Laurel said...

YEA for the pictures !!!

Good to hear that things are going well. We brought home 3 drums, of different sizes, and are so glad that we did.

Praying that you have a good trip to the coast.

Would love to hear who your driver was. We sure loved both of the drivers we had on our outings.

Many Blessings,

Laurel :)

Karen said...

I am so happy for you! The photos are sending chills up my spine and to my heart! How awesome that you can finally hold those babies. Our prayers are with you and the paperwork. Love you!

Bingaling said...

I'm so glad you've been able to blog during your trip! I'm loving the photos - keep them coming! And...don't forget my request for photos of a certain little one ;o)

It looks like you're having a great time! I'll be praying that you get all those paperwork details SOON!!
Chanda

Johnene and Family said...

Love seeing your smile, my friend.

Kirsten said...

I love seeing your kiddos' red faces!! It loos HOT there...it's reminding me of our photos from Vietnam...I guess our Nordic blood isn't used to the heat and humidity of places like Africa and Southeast Asia! Still the pictures are beautiful and you look so happy! Keep the updates coming I check your blog all the time! Love you!