Okay, so part of me doesn't want to get my hopes up, but it doesn't hurt to pray about it and I should never give us hope and .....supposedly tomorrow they are going to pick Kwame's passport up. I won't believe it until it is 'in hand", but it sounds better than nothing. We'll see. I am hopeful and know it could happen! Please pray with me, if you feel like it!
****Update: No passports today-thanks for the prayers and for hoping with us!*****
Oh, and I am very excited to hear that a 'friend' in the adoption world went in to apply for her 1-600 yesterday and got it back approved today! Yes, only one day! It is amazing and I am so thrilled for her. I can't help but wonder if part of why it took long for Daron to be there is so that he could help pave the way for those behind us. I don't remember if he talked about it on the blog and I could go back and look but I am too lazy, but after 17 days Daron asked to speak to a director that was American and he was put in contact with someone that was very apologetic to how he had been treated in a couple instances and said in no way should it be taking this long and that adoptions were very important to them. The next day they approved ours and he said he could get the visa for us that week too if we had the passports, but we didn't. Since then we have heard only positive turnarounds for the 1-600's and I know of at least 3 others that were approved the next day after ours. We will never know if it was a fluke or not, and it really doesn't matter, but I am proud that my husband took the time to ask to speak to a director. This way Daron was able to relate to him what his experience at the US Embassy had been thus far and this man was able to assure him that he had our back as US Citizens.
5 comments:
"There I will go to the alter of God, to God-the source of all my joy. I will praise you with my harp, O God, my God! Why am I discouraged? why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again-my Savior and my God!" Psalm 43
Well, the timing of all the other I-600's being delivered sure seems to point to Daron's conversation with the right person. It gives me goosebumps! I still think it's disappointing how long this has taken, but by playing by the rules (not stooping to a game of bribes) it is obvious that things might be straigtened out for a while. Well Done Jagos! I'm really, really proud.
It feels like this might be hope!
Joyfully,
Becca
I'm so excited for you guys. I hope to hear that it's in hand soon. It's great to have positive news these days.
Tracie
I will hold hope for you when yours falters...that's what community and friend are for...We pray you are all reunited soon...sending love - Angela
This is awesome news you know the Lord uses His children in many ways and that is for us to go through trails to help others and to be a testimony for Him. Kris you asked on my blog where we were in our journey; well I really did not want to say until my blog was caught up but a lot of people that know us; know where we are and we started our blog just his month to tell our testimony about how prayer works and share the gospel with everyone. Continue to pray and we will be praying with you. But, I will tell you we have our son's interview on December 23rd and we are praying that his visa is given to him on the same day or on Wednesday. Because they usually give visa's on Friday and they are closed on Friday. Thank you for praying with us; your little ones will be home in God's timing and we have realized His timing is a lot better then ours.
Take care Tee
Post a Comment