Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random pictures

Last week the kids and I went to the Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island with my friends Tarra & Tanna. The reserve used to be a private home with 150 acres, but now is turned into a reserve with lots of walking paths and beautiful gardens. Here is a picture with our kids. Can you believe this is just three families? Plus, 4 of our kids are missing (if you count our two in Ghana, one in a stroller and one in utero-not mine)!


And, just because I can, I thought I would share a couple more pictures of Fia and Kwame!



I just love the smile on her face. When we first saw pictures of Mefia, she looked so withdrawn and sad. They both came into Eban House, the adoption center, with malaria, so she probably wasn't feeling well because of that. I also think it just took her awhile to feel comfortable. Now, most of the pictures we see of her are of her beautiful smile! The uniforms are a new addition for the adoption center they are in right now. I guess they dress in their uniforms in the morning for pre-school and then go put their play clothes on so that they don't dirty the new uniforms. So cute!










I just love these photos of Kwame too! Robin took the first one of Kwame when she was there and she is a professional photographer. She is amazing. If any of you are in the Nashville area, you will have to hire her for all your special occasions. The other picture just captures his personality and it was taken by adoptive mom, Amy Fabu. I just LOVE the sparkle in his eyes!


We are still waiting on passports for them and realize it could be a while. Please help us pray that a miracle will happen and we can get them ASAP!!!

3 comments:

A. Gillispie said...

LOVE the pics!! WA looks so beautiful. I can't wait to finally visit your state next summer!

I can't get over what a different child Fia is from when I first met her. The smile, but also the HEALTH. She looked so sickly and her hair was in such bad shape. It was reddish and brittle and had an odd texture. Now her hair looks so healthy in comparison!
Anita

Robin Dodd Photography said...

OH MY LORD!!!! I love this pic of these kids. I would love to do a shoot with all of them.. BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!! Oh my nana!!!! Mefia is a different child, she looks so healthy!! and happy!and I cannot WAIT for them to be home!

Amy said...

So fun to see more pics of your babies up here- that one of Mefia smiling while laying down was one of my favorites from the whole batch I took. :) Robin has MOST of hers be keepers, me, not so much! I sure wish I had had more to offer you from my second trip, but sad babies don't want their pictures taken! I was SO happy to see Hilda's and see them back to their precious, joyous selves. I cannot wait for you to meet them... better get those arms warmed up because your lil' boy will be in them for OODLES of hugs! He is such a hug bug!

Amy Fabu