It is now OCTOBER and I haven't loaded anything from back to school-oops! Justus is liking 3rd Grade, Greta-2nd and Ella is in half-day Kindergarten. Yep, I have no children at home in the mornings. So far it has been filled up with work, meetings, the gym, and every so often a day to myself at home. Actually, I think that only happened once and I used that to finish writing some grants for our adoption, so that was nice. People keep saying enjoy your time until your little ones are here. The fact is, all I can think about is them, so I just want them home forever with us! I am hoping then I will actually get more done when they are home, instead of checking my email, blogs, and yahoo groups any spare moment in case of new information. It will happen eventually and hopefully I won't hardly remember the labor pains!

After drop-off on the first day of school, we had our 3rd Annual Mimosa Party! Moms come with all different emotions-all are welcome!Some are there to cry together over the fact that their baby has gone off to school and they don't get to spend special moments durning the day with them any longer. Others are there to celebrate that their child/ren have gone back to school after a LONG summer. Either way, no judgement allowed and we just come together to offer a toast to a new school year! It is also a fun way to meet new moms since we never send out invites, but invite people in the halls and classrooms that morning. It was a blast!! Our home was in the middle of being painted outside, so it was a bit thrown together-but worth it!
1 comment:
Kristin, all of your kids look beautiful in their back to school gear! And I love the idea of a Mimosa party for moms. How fun!
Post a Comment