Well, we have our itinerary now and Daron is headed out next Friday to go and meet our children! I am so excited and also a bit jealous that it isn't me! I know my time will come soon, so I am more just thrilled for our family that Daron gets to be with them and they get to start to know their dad. He is going to be over there for about four weeks filing paperwork with the US Embassy, waiting for it to be completed, and then filing for their visas. During that time, he is going to be working on finding a possible non-profit or organization that Alive can team up with in the future. We will definitely keep you up to speed on his trip-maybe he will even be a guest blogger! ;)
The kids and I will head over to meet him at the end of the month. We are all super excited! We weighed the pros and cons of bringing the kids, but just see this as such an experience that is once in a lifetime! They get to go and meet their brother and sister and really get a sense of where they are coming from and what their culture is like. We are so thrilled and it is a huge leap of faith! Our three oldest always impress me with their huge hearts and I can't wait to see them share their love with their siblings and the other kids in the adoption center. How special. I am also so excited to see how this trip impresses upon their lives and what they learn from it. I think this will be huge for them! I know I will come back changed.
So.....needless to say, the last couple of days have been full of excitement and stress at the same time. Just trying to figure out the logistics of everything from one ticket to seven tickets became stressful. We also seem to be having a bunch of things breakdown right now and could just use some prayer to not get discouraged. Within the last two months, this is what has happened......broken faucet(water literally squirting everywhere), broken lock on front door(okay, so it broke a while ago, but it got really bad and we had to get a new one), new brakes for our van, new transmission (covered luckily), broken refrigerator, 11 out of 13 heating vents needed to be replaced b/c they were recalled a decade ago and our inspector didn't catch it, dead video camera, broken digital camera, and then this week Daron's computer crashed and it isn't looking pretty last I heard. Am I done yet, you ask? Hopefully! I am to the point that I start laughing when things stop working, but it is a scary laugh, not funny ha-ha. Daron and I are either on the same team or butting heads the last couple of days. Prayer would be great. Just when we think we have things worked out for our adoption costs, our savings dwindles because of these unforeseen emergencies. I realize a camera isn't an emergency, but when you are headed over to Ghana to meet your children for the first time, it has become an emergency to me. Thankfully, if I can't get a new one in time, my mom has offered Daron hers to take with him, so I am SO appreciative of that. Our 'emergencies' are not all that big individually and I know it is relative, but I think since they happened back to back to back, we have let ourselves get a bit more down than we would wish for. Along the same lines, we are still waiting on hearing from some grants we applied for, for the adoption, that we could really use- so hopefully we will hear something positive soon!
No matter what though, we are just so thrilled that our time has come to go and meet our little ones!
5 comments:
Very exciting!
Heads Up ... your link to your church doesn't work. But, I googled it and enjoyed reading about your church. I remember reading about it months ago, when I first found your blog. But, it was good to read again. Wish we lived a bit closer; I REALLY like the concept.
Hope that the paperwork for Daron goes well. Remember ... have patience. It is not always as smooth as it should be from here on out.
How COOL that you get to take all of the kids with you. WOW! But ... that will be quite a trip for you with the 3, and then bringing all 5 home. You, however, will MAKE it fun, I'm sure.
Blessings,
Laurel :)
Hey Kristin, Amber and I have been praying for you guys, I have specifically been praying for "more cash for the Jags."
I AM SO GLAD YOU'RE BRINGING YOUR KIDS TO MEET YOUR KIDDOS! I just can't think of one reason why you would EVER regret this decision.
I guess I'm just glad you have this blog so we can keep tabs on you during this life changing month ahead!
Joyfully,
Becca
WOW! It is going to be an amazing experience for you all! Can't wait to read the updates.
How AWESOME that you are bringing your kids and that your husband is going sooo soon! We brought our 2 to China almost 3 years ago now and we would do it again in a heart beat! Yes it definately was more work, but it was so worth it! Our Faith who we were adopting then instantly felt safe with them, her first smile and laugh was with her new sister versus with us! It SOOO helped the attachment process; kids generally feel safe with other kids! We totally reccomend it, especially when adopting non-babies (our Faith was 3 at the time)! And it so changed and shaped Bella (our oldest) and her heart for the orphans (our last adoption/Kody was all her idea)!! We so want to bring Bella again on this next trip ... but finances is our big obstacles :)
BLESSINGS!
It is a joy to follow your journey!
Maria
Post a Comment