Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Answers to Prayer!

Well, we have been waiting for two things to be completed in Ghana before Daron can travel over there. The first one is the adoption decree and the second is their passports. The adoption decree usually takes two-three weeks from the court case, which was Oct. 17. Recently, all the decrees have been interim orders instead of full and final decrees. Our agency was told that they were not going to be issuing full decrees any longer and that in two years we would most likely have to go back to court in Ghana(maybe not physically) and all should be fine. Just the unknown has scared me, but at the same time I trusted that all would work out. I secretly prayed with Daron that somehow ours would still be issued a full adoption-as crazy as it sounded. The Ghanaian passports have been up in the air for a variety of reasons and they have been trickling out at no rhyme or reason. We were hoping and praying that they would be ready when the decree was, but fully aware that they may take longer.

Last night I wrote an email to our adoption coordinator asking her if there was anything new in our case. I told her in the email not to respond until the morning because I knew that since I didn't already hear from her that day, there was no news. I was hoping maybe the next day(today) that there would be some news. So...........I sent that off, went to bed, and prayed!

When I woke up this morning, Daron was using my computer, since his crashed last night, and I couldn't check for news. Then I noticed there was a call on my cell phone from Anita, our coordinator. I told him to give me my computer ASAP! (lovingly of course) and noticed there were two emails from her. The first one said that there was nothing new in our case. The second one, an hour later, said that our adoption decree was ready today!!!! She also said that our coordinator in Ghana was very hopeful that we would get the passports this week!!! Ahhhh- two new, wonderful pieces of info. that I could hardly believe! We were overjoyed and I then called Anita to get the scoop. You know what she told me? That not only did she now have our adoption decree in her inbox, it is a FINAL AND FULL ADOPTION ORDER(not interim as we were told)!!! I couldn't believe it??!!And at the same time, I could! My heart kept telling me to believe that it could happen and I know this was God's doing. Thank you God!! Not sure why it happened to our case and not others (feeling a bit guilty about that), but so thankful for our family. It seems like we have waited so long(it's all relative-I know) to add to our family and it is finally time for us to travel to go and meet and bring our children home.

We are working out all the details of travel, but will let you know as soon as we do!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Yea! Praising God with you!

Blessings,

Laurel

Heather said...

Yippee, Kristin! I'm so excited!

Blessings,
Heather S

Heather said...

What amazing news Kristin! Those final adoption decrees are such a blessing and make the readoption in the states so much easier to do. I'm so happy for you and your family. Congrats!

Heather A

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Such great news! Keeping you all in our thoughts & prayers that you'll be bringing them home very soon ;0)

Becca Groves said...

What a great turn of events...it feels like you were so patiently waiting for A YEAR and now everything is really happening! Praise the Lord!
joyfully,
Becca

...hey, my secret word to type in so I can post this on blogspot is fluving. And I just got over the flu with symptoms that inluded lots of fluving at the toilet. I'm going to add this blogspot word to my vocab.

Lindahl News 2 said...

As I read this, I got the shivers! It is amazing whta the power of prayer can do, and I think thta's what did it...you have so many keeping ALL of you in their thoughts and prayers...more than you know of!

Can't wait to hear the news as it happens. Consider this as a great big online hug from me to you!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Sorry about the reversed whta's and thta's. Type much?

Kristin said...

Thanks for all the congrats! We are so excited that the time has finally come for one of us to head over and meet them(I pulled the short straw). Daron will head over next week, and the rest of us will follow suit a few weeks later. Yippee!

Becca, I hope you aren't fluving any longer!