Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fia's 4th Birthday

Happy Birthday to our wonderful, beautiful new daughter! Fia is 4 today! I can't believe that she is already four and I haven't met her. I wonder what she will choose for her birthday dinner next year and who will be her little friends that she invites to her party? When we first heard about Fia, they weren't quite sure if she was 2 or 3, so now that she is 4??!! Wow- she ages quick! I am actually a bit sad that I have missed so much of her life already, but so thankful that we get to be her family for the years to come. Hmm......I sure wish I could give her a hug and kiss and wish her a happy birthday in person today. I mentioned that yesterday to Ella and her friend, Alyssa, and Alyssa said, "but that's okay, because you can celebrate together when she is 5!" She is so right and I can't wait to share all our birthday traditions with our little girl and start new ones just for her!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a great picture!

Rebecca said...

Kristin- your family is beautiful. I am so sorry you missed Fia's birthday-- the separation is so difficult. I will be praying for your passports!
Thanks for your prayers and sweet comments on our blog.

Jen said...

K
Happy Birthday to Fia! I can imagine it is hard to think of her on her birthday and to not be with her. I am glad that another parent is there now and that she got some extra love and attention for a few days.
Soon it will be you comforting her and this wait will not seem like it was as long!
Hang in there and splurge on some hair accessories for her arrival! LOL

J
PS- if she is like Selina- her bday dinner will be Kraft Mac and Cheese! What is it with that stuff?!!LOL