Monday, June 29, 2009

Ghanaian Field Trip Anyone?

For those of you in WA that would want to take a field trip tomorrow to Port Orchard, there is a fantastic Ghanaian group that is going to be speaking at the local library there. I have seen this group before and they are great at storytelling and drumming. Not sure what exactly their plans for tomorrow are though, so I can't promise drums. I thought this would especially be interesting to those of you with connections to Ghana. Just FYI

EVENT:
Ocheami: Deep into the Riches of Ghana's Traditions
Tuesday June 30, 2009 10:30 AM
In Ghanaian history, the person known as the Ocheami was the one who spoke on behalf of the king in the ancient courts. The group Ocheami uses the arts to speak for the cultural legacies of this West African country. Led by Kofi and Amma Anang, Ocheami's programs engage audiences of all ages.
Location: Port Orchard Library -- 87 Sidney Avenue, Port Orchard 98366-5249, 360-876-2224

4 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds fun! It is weren't for that pesky 5 hour drive... :) I'm sure you'll have a great time though.

Btw, I ordered some of those awesome headbands from "Hairwear." LOVE THEM and so do the girls. We got 2 regular ones and 2 that are bandana style. :)

Fabu

Kristin said...

I wish that we lived closer for day trips! Can't wait to see you at the end of July though. So fun that you got some hairbands; I hope I get to see some pictures.

Laurel said...

Wish we could come. I wouldn't mind the drive, but I just can't get away tomorrow morning. I have a dentist appt. that's been on the calendar for months.

We are off to CA next week, for 10 days. However, once we are back, I am wondering if you might want to meet us at the Woodland Park Zoo for a day. We'd LOVE to meet you and the kids.

Laurel :)

Heather said...

I am so jealous of all the families that live in WA!