Friday, June 26, 2009

Cyber Friends

Got to meet another adoptive parent from Eban house today when we were visiting Portland. Unfortunately, her son is still waiting for a passport in Ghana before they can bring him home(pray for a passport, please!), but we had a great time meeting another family that will only be a couple hours away from us. How cool is it for our two little kiddos that they will have friends from their orphanage within driving distance?!

The funny thing about today though, was that I kept telling people I was going to meet my cyber friend and it sounded so weird to everyone and I had fun playing it up! ;) After starting this adoption process, I have developed so many friends through our chat groups/agency/blogs, but for obvious reasons, it is kind of crazy to outsiders that we develop these friendships with others that we have never met. Anyway....this week we are at a conference for our Evangelical Covenant Church's Annual Meeting and we are surrounded by friends from college and seminary, as well as family and many other pastors/long time friends. Today we were at the pool and I kept looking around and saying that my cyber friend was coming. Because of traffic, she was here later than I told people and they started leaving and giving me glances like I got stood up from my cyber friend!! Ha! It was so funny. I did end up meeting my cyber friend, Dana, and I can't wait to hang out with our kiddos when she gets her amazingly cool son home with her! Thanks for meeting us today, Dana, and good luck on your triathlon!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

I am so thankful for my cyber friends ... and you are one that I can't wait to meet.

Glad you had a fun visit with one of your new friends, even if your old friends thought it was kind of strange.

Laurel :)

Jen said...

How fun!!
Oh how I wish we lived closer to each other! We will see each other, it will just take a little longer for me to get that way.. just have to get our boy home first!

Amy said...

That is so cool to have each other so close. Hope to meet some of my 'cyber' buds one day!

katenunes said...

Hey Kristin,

Cyber friends are most definitely real. My Dad and Aunt met my friend Tessa and her kids in Prague last week. How strange is that?

Kate

Deborah said...

I'm glad we're blogger friends :) Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.

Heather said...

YES! I'm so glad that you posted this! I can't even guess how many "crazy" looks I've gotten when I talk about my cyber friends! Oh, it's good to share the ride to others.