Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Black, White, and Tan

So...my kids love Nicole C. Mullen 's songs. The first thing you need to know is that she is black, her husband is white and her kids are a beautiful tan. She has a song called Black, White, Tan based on her family. The next next thing you need to know to understand this story is that Justus quickly has a beautiful tan come spring and the girls stay pasty white throughout the summer.

Well, I guess Ella was singing this song to herself the other day and told Daron, "Dad, this song is about us. Fia and Kwame are black, Greta and I are white, and Justus is tan."

:) Loved it!

8 comments:

Suzanne & Duncan Forbes said...

Love it! That is so fun. I really enjoy hearing my kids belt out the songs they hear... their current fav is AWESOME GOD. They sing as loud as they can... it's awesome!

Laurel said...

Too cute!


Laurel

Grateful said...

We love her music as well and that song. I am so glad your back and taking care of us on the forum. You are always so helpful and encouraging. THANKS for being you!
Blessings,
T

Kristin said...

Suzanne, I haven't forgotten about getting your dish to you. With one car, things are tightly coordinated. Sorry. Maybe coffee sometime soon?

Laurel-I would love to get something on the calendar!

Tami-thanks for saying that. I was feeling a bit blue this afternoon and I think just missing Ghana and the excitement of everything. I appreciate your note and I can't wait for you to get over there! What is the next step?

Lindahl News 2 said...

Okay, now I get to wirte you back on YOUR blog (and I loved this post, by the way,)

So sorry we missed you when you were here. I was actually in L'Ville on that Thursday, and it would have been such fun to see y'all. (You know we have both dwellings now, isn't that crazy?)

Greetings to all. And, Bev, it was so nice of you to "date" my son when you had those birthdays so close together...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, too!)

Grateful said...

Kristin:
Next step...Judge signature, legally ours (hopefully mid July latest). I am soooo ready to make flight arrangements as I keep seeing good deals...but know I need to hold off and WAIT...gosh, don't like that word...hee Might have to go twice as our case is a bit sensitive. Are you going to the Camp? We won't have kiddos yet, but are thinking of making it so we can meet everyone? Extra expense but think it will be worth it!!! Hope your day is sweeeeet today. :) Tami

Deborah said...

It is so sweet to read your posts and see that children DO come home and life keeps going in the wonderful crazy way that we love and God gives to us....You have such a happy family. Thanks for keeping in touch.

sarah in the woods said...

So sweet! My kids are the same way - Larkin gets brown in the summer, Miah and Rohan are really fair, and of course my little Zahana is black. I'll have to find that song and listen to it.