Kwame holds grudges. He is three and if he doesn't get his way, he will start sulking. I think he is used to getting what he wants being he was one of the younger ones at the orphanage; we just aren't always fooled by his cute little face and the threat of a cry. Actually, Daron and I are unfazed by it most times and Kwame doesn't like it and threatens to tell my mom! HA!. A good example was yesterday when Kwame came up to the breakfast bar and all three stools were taken. He told Fia she was in his seat(we don't have assigned seats) and then when she didn't budge, he told me that Fia took his chair. I told him it wasn't his chair. He then went pouting to Daron saying that Fia took his chair and mommy didn't listen. Daron said that it wasn't his chair and he can sit at the table. He followed Daron around for a second, sulking, and said, "I am going to tell Grandma!" I guess he thinks he should go straight to the top of the family and maybe she will help him out....sorry Kwame, not gonna happen! ;)
Oh, and I mentioned that he holds grudges...well, this three year old usually prays for everything that happened during the day, good and bad. Today I had him come inside after he wet his pants outside when I had just asked if he needed a bathroom break and he was really mad. Tonight he prayed, "Thank you for mommy, thank you for daddy, thank you I go wee wee in the potty now, when I go wee wee in my pants, I do not go outside if I go wee wee in my pants, mommy said. Thank you for Grandma, I tell Grandma, thank you for Grandpa. Thank you for Justus, thank you for Greta and Ella, etc, etc.....for another couple minutes" So, if you want a recap of our day, his prayer will give you his perspective! Luckily he still prays for me when he is mad.
5 comments:
Priceless!
"I'm gonna tell your mom!!" That is HILARIOUS!!
Great story, Kristin!!
The Queen Mum should be Bev's new nickname!!
Loved this latest story. Can you come see us in Chicago? Really!
Kristin,
I loved this story. My kids are strong - willed and stubborn too, gotta love it!
Amanda
Oh Deb, you are gonna kill me! I was in Libertyville, but literally had a whirlwind there. My mom wanted to call and have you join us and I told her you had moved. She was so sad. When I got into the city, it was packed with graduation festivities most of the time. Sorry. I will definitely let you know when I get to the windy city next and please let me know if you are our way. Miss you SO much! Btw, my mom and I couldn't believe that John is getting married! My mom was reminicing how much she loved taking him on his special dates. How fun!
Post a Comment