Thursday, May 21, 2009

Call Me Selfish, But.....

All I have to say is, "Thank you Lord!!!!" Daron and I take turns waking up with the kids so that one of us gets a full night's sleep at least every other night. Fortunately for Daron[rolling my eyes because I am just jealous], he really does get a full nights sleep when it is his turn 'off' as he never hears the kids wake up. Unfortunately for me, he never wakes up on his shift and I have to gently nudge him awake [sometimes kick! Ha! Just kidding. Maybe.] so that I don't have to get out of bed. Well, last night was my night 'on' and not one single child woke up through the night!! Woo hoo!! Even better, the younger two were dry and no accidents! I am hoping this is the beginning of a new trend. I am such a better mom when I get sleep! Can I get an Amen??

10 comments:

tlforsythe said...

Amen sister!!
Glad you made it home safely and enjoyed your family time!

Love ya!

Katie said...

Amen- I actually sleep through the night now, and it is a great thing...Fred never heard either...
Kelly

Renee said...

AMEN! Sleep is so good for a body. :o) Hope this trend turns into a full blown habit.

Mom to Four said...

WOO HOO!!! So exciting!!!! Tony and I did the same thing when it was a nightly occurrence. Hope it is the new norm!

Suzanne & Duncan Forbes said...

Woot woot! Duncan is a very light sleeper, so he hears the kids before I do... which is ok by me LOL. Thankfully his schedule is such that he can take a nap a couples times each week to catch up on lost zzz's.

Salzwedel Family said...

Amen and amen! I am totally a better mom when I get sleep. Somehow the patience comes much more easily.

Robin Dodd Photography said...

Kristen I am so glad everyone slept through the night! I am so bitter when I don't get sleep!

T said...

That's awesome. Now you have to tell me your tricks. Still can't get Tovah to sleep through the night.

Richardsons said...

Amen...the more kids, the more chance of having at least somebody wake up once a night. Ours are pretty good (they all 4 share a room), but last night, I heard SCREAMING at the top of their lungs (Both Sophia and Grace) "Mom, I need to go to the bathroom!" OK, I know it is nighttime and it is dark, but c'mon! GRACE is 6 YEARS OLD!!! They're getting flashlights tonight!

bbqdaisy said...

Amen ...
I AM praying for you!! Honestly, sometimes it is easier for me to pray for others than to pray for myself!
THANK YOU for your prayers ... I sooo need them & appreciate the!!
Blessings in Him
Maria