I am thinking about converting one room into a clean clothes free for all! It takes too much time to fold everything only to wash and fold again right away. I think I will save a lot of time if I just throw the clothes in the 'clean room' and everyone fends for themselves. LOL! Seems to be working...check it out!
PS-this is about half of last weeks! ;)
9 comments:
i actually don't fold any of the girls' clothes. i just put them in their drawers unfolded. that's how they end up anyways now that they are picking out their own outfits. (: i use 'outfits' loosely.
I use baskets that they keep under their bed for things like socks and underware and pjs and some t-shirts...hmmm, the longer I've used the baskets, the more baskets I've added bc it is so easy!
NO WAY would I be sane and still doing all the laundry.....It's totally a family activity to put it away (getting it in the right basket is easy enough for Anna @ 2, so her job is something like all socks and underware + carry the basket to where it belongs).
Everyone else can help by sort of folding it the best they can. By the time I divide up all the jobs, I usually don't even have a laundry job left for me! Ah, perfect! :)
If you tried this, you might be in good shape bc you have even one more person to work! ha ha ha, but it is true! Laundry is so never-ending that it would push me over the edge if I did it alone!
Growing up with 8 kids in our household, we did 4-5 loads every day... so, laundry does not bug me at all... my 3 loads 2x/week are nothing in comparison! (My mom would put it all thru the washer/dryer and we did all the folding when we got home from school)
Too funny! I am ok at washing/drying...can't stand the folding part. Thankfully, if anyone wants to watch tv...they do the folding while they are watching. Then all folded piles get delivered to door opening of owners bedroom and is their responsibility to put them away. (don't like that piece either).
Love the pic! T (Maybe you should have a "reality" show?)LOL
Great pieces of advice ladies, thanks!! I should try the basket thing, but all the beds seem to be too low for that. I love Katheryne's idea of having the kids sort it. I was already feeling bad for having them carry their laundry down to their rooms and put it away, but what is one more thing??!! I will have them sort it too! Fia is still learning what is a pj and what shirts qualify 'in public' shirts! I sometimes find the funniest things in her drawers. Unfortuanely Kwame's drawers are those old 'This Ends UP' furniture and each drawer weighs more than him, but that is what a big brother is for, right?
Tami, do wish a reality show on us! LOL!
I *LIKE* the way you think! Hmmmm, which room to convert?
ha ha ha-looks very familiar. I really think disposable earth friendly clothes should be invented ;-) I am ok with the washing/drying part but man do I greatly dislike the folding. Lots of money to be had in a folding machine invention.
Jennifer's idea of what is 'appropriate' for outside the house apparel still needs a bit of help too and I by all means do not have a very high standard of dress.
Thanks for making me feel normal-
JJ
Kristin! This is so funny. I have a friend with teenagers who actually does this! She throws everything on the guest room bed and it's up to you to put it up! Hilarious! It's the only thing I like bc if no one is home I can 'finish' it. Unlike dusting, cleaning, and such - there is always one more nook and cranny! I hate to clean!
That is too funny! : I know I'm doomed because I can't seem to fold and put away laundry for two of us! I think I will add a 'laundry' room into my household planning as we wait to bring our girls home!!
Post a Comment