Monday, June 22, 2009

Ghana Get Together

Today we got to visit with a family that we became friends with through our adoption; it was so great to see them again(but we missed you-Amanda)! These guys were one of the first to adopt from AAI's Ghana program and their twin girls were at the same home as our kiddos(Eban), but at different times. Last fall we got to meet them as they were passing through town and we picked their brains over breakfast on EVERYTHING Ghana since they had already lived next door in Togo and had been to Ghana numerous times. Today, Cort and I got to swap stories and watch our eight kids play together at a park- it was so much fun! The only bad thing was that our better halves had to work, so we missed them and they missed out! ;)

3 comments:

Robin Dodd Photography said...

Awesome! We'll be bunking with Cort and Amanda next month for two nights!! So glad you guys got to hook up!!

Amanda said...

Great picture - I love seeing our kids together! Cort said that the girls kept mentioning Fia on the drive to my mom's place, which means she certainly made an impression!

Next time I'll be there, I promise!

Amanda

Mom to Four said...

How fun! Wish we lived closer. We have talked to some couples recently interested in adopting from Ghana, so maybe we can have some play-dates close to home. Glad you all had a fun day.
JJ