Let me start this off by sayin' that with 5 kids, one has a much smaller percentage of sleeping through the night than with three. I am happy to report that the whole family has been sleeping much sounder and I am SO excited for the future we have in store regarding sleep. (Knock on wood)
It wasn't too long ago that we were waking up at least four times a night/every night to help 1-2, sometimes four kids get back to sleep. A certain 3 yr. old would tend to wake up and need attention; sometimes waking up his older siblings. Some nights I was ready to cuddle, but to be honest, I usually just craved my sleep and couldn't wait until they could sleep through the night.
Fortunately, a friend had a good suggestion that we should wake the kids up to go 'wee wee' (as they say) before I went to sleep. I forget who reminded me of this trick, but you are an angel because after they said it, I remembered doing it with one of the older three. I was thinking it would work for Fia without causing a problem, but I SO scared to wake Kwame up after we would finally get him to sleep. For a while there, he would sleep so lightly and wake up a couple times before midnight even. I knew those nights would be LONG! The ironic is that they usually stay asleep as I bring them into the bathroom and back into bed. I just carry them in, keep it quiet and dark, and WaaLAA!!-they have been sleeping through the night WITH dry pants!
Gotta love the double whammy of dry pants in the morning and a full nights sleep! I think since they don't wake up because of having to go to the bathroom, they are able to sleep much sounder. I might be totally off here and next month I am sure it will be different, but for the time being, we are getting much more sleep than the last 4 months!!!
4 comments:
Yeah for sleep and dry sheets. We haven't quite made it there ourselves. :( Just don't be suprised when it doesn't work one time! LOL
Sleep and dry pants. Congrats! That really is a winning combo!
We did that for Larkin for a long time (earlier this year). He didn't wake up -he just peed the bed a lot and woke up nasty in the morning. Now, thankfully, he's sleeping and holding it all night. Yippee!
oh yea it was probably me who reminded you :)
yea for sleep!
Court
Post a Comment