Monday, February 2, 2009

We got an appointment!!

Okay...so thanks for the prayers the last couple of hours!!!I have been not able to sleep the last couple of nights and today as I took a nap(yes-that was nice and what else can you do when it is so hot with toddlers?) ...anyway, as I took the nap I was praying and just asked God to take away my worry, to just help me to trust in Him more and just let it be. I have still had a little bit of panic, but for the most part, not as much. Well, just a few minutes ago, I received a call back from the embassy(which they said they wouldn't do) and told me that they can fit me in for an appointment in the morning at 7:30. So if anyone is still up at 11:30, you can say a prayer for me and our appointment that all goes well and that the doors are open. The good news is that we received the birth certificate that we were needing just today, so now I will have that to go there with and it should even be better. I will pray that they can get this visa issued really fast and we can come home on Thursday!

I got to speak to my family today on the video phone. It was good to see their faces as I was a little down. My mom is so wonderful here. She is outside now playing red light green light with the kids and a couple of aunties, as well as some other games.

Dad, I heard you weren't feeling well, maybe someone can make him some soup! ;)

Miss you all and love you!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news......Stay calm, God is at work. I'm going to have some Italian Wedding soup today and that should do the trick. Give my wife a hug for me. Love, Dad

Erik Halverson said...

Very exciting news! I love it! I can't wait to meet Fia and Kwame. Tell them hi from their favorite Uncle, Erik

Dad will be fine. He probably at too many peanuts.

Anonymous said...

Yes! That is such great news about your appointment in the morning! We'll be thinking of you tonight (our time) and pray that everything goes smoothly with issuing their visas. They so need to come home! Take care and be safe :0).

Ingrid said...

Great news. We have been praying for you many times a day. We can't wait to meet Fia and Kwame! We will continue to pray that the meeting will go smoothly.

Auntie Ingrid

Laurel said...

Praying!!!

Laurel :)

Johnene and Family said...

Every step, you're closer to home. Take deep breaths and know you'll all be here soon. JL

Kirsten said...

Kristin,
I just love reading the updates. My heart is soaring!! I am so happy for you and the answers to prayer re: the visas! I bet you are all ready to come home and start life together. I love that your mom was able to go with you and experience Ghana and see where the kids are from, their culture etc. Love you...can't wait to see you guys. Let's plan a trip 1/2 way sometime soon...or we could come see you as I know travel might be the last thing you want to do when you get home. We'll figure something out. Love Kir

Amy said...

Kristin! Great news about the appointment AND the birth certificate- that is a big worry off the plate! Praying for you that the appointment goes smoothly and that visa is ready for you so you can scadoodle on home. :)

Fabu

Mom to Four said...

Kristin
So sorry I was not at my computer today and didn’t get back with you earlier in the day-but I was glad I was able to catch you before too late. I hope when you are reading this, you have gotten a good night’s rest-I know it is so tough to get your brain to shut down with so much unknown and so much anticipation for the next day. Hearing your voice brought back all the feelings of our experience just 6 short weeks ago-Praying that you will feel armored with God’s grace and presence as you approach the guards in the morning and feel His peace as you are in the embassy. Remember to stand firm and ‘battle’ for your children. Ask, ask, and keep asking until you get what you want-the worst they can tell you is no. I am praying that you will get to meet Peter (or someone with a heart for adoptions) and that your visas will be granted-remember if you have to go back with more info-ask for an appointment that afternoon or early the next day. Ask for your visas earlier than the scheduled Friday, and ask for your congressman/senator’s help with this too-they are able to email people we can not. I can not wait to hear how things went-and please do not hesitate to email me if I can help at all-I am just a phone call away-it was kind of surreal calling Ghana again. I will be praying 1:30AM Oklahoma time-7:30 in Accra ☺
JJ

Chalene said...

I am so excited that it is all coming together. God is working his miracles! :) We will keep you in our prayers for the appointment tomorrow. :)

Chalene

Richardsons said...

Kristin,
YEAH!!!! That is so exciting! I will pray all goes well tomorrow.

Reading your post about them going to sleep (or not really wanting to) reminded me that we had similar "sleep" issues with Anna, esp. the first few nights while we were in various contries with her.

We could tell she didn't feel comfortable going to bed (or just didn't want to!) but we were so conflicted...do we let her sleep with us (something we didn't do as a habit with our other children?) Would it turn into a big habit that we couldn't break and couldn't justify to our other children?

In the end, we made a little "nest" for her in the variety of hotels and airports we stayed in, and I would stay with her and cuddle until she would fall asleep. I just patted her back. She was fine once we were home, and although she doesn't ever really want to go to bed, she goes down fine.

Anyway, thought it might be interesting to note! Can't wait for an update tomorrow!!!

annika said...

Kristin, you are a strong woman! Know that much love and prayer is being sent your way. We love you.
Annika and Jedd

Beth said...

We are very happy for you all, you are an inspiration. I check the site several times a day hoping for updates. You are a strong woman and a beautiful family. We wish you safe travels and blessings on our family. We will continue to pray for you all from NC.

The Small Family