Friday, December 4, 2009

Re-Adoption Day!


Today was the day that we went to court for Fia and Kwame's re-adoption. Yes, they were adopted in Ghana, and the U.S. recognized that, but to get a social security number and birth certificate in the U.S., you need to be re-adopted. So.....today was that day! And after yesterday, when we buried my grandma, I think we have had a roller coaster of emotions to last us for awhile!
Time to go to bed because Justus has a soccer tournament in Burlington tomorrow, but I wanted to introduce you officially to the newest, most official family of 7 this side of town. We are so blessed to have our family, as crazy as they make me! Today as we went to court Fia kept telling me, " Mommy, I love you. Mommy, you know I love you...." She was the sweetest and it has just been in the last couple of months where she has said it on her own and you can tell that she means it with her whole heart.
The court hearing went fantastic and the Judge we had was really neat in that he,himself, was adopted at a young age, so he seemed touched as well. He asked us a few questions, took our picture with him, and he gave the kids a stuffed animal. F & K thought he was the best! After the hearing was done, we hightailed it out to grab some homemade ice cream.
Today was also special because we had my parents along and Mark and Kathy. Thanks for coming!!

9 comments:

annika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annika said...

Wonderful update.
It was such a joy to see your family over Thanksgiving at Mat and Stephanie's! Wish you could have been there too but I sure look forward to seeing you in Minnesota!
Thinking of you and sending my love as you mourn the loss of your Grandma Gwen.
Annika

Elsa said...

Loved reading the story of your re-adoption day. How wonderful for all of you!
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your Grandma. I know she was a blessing.
Say "hi" to your family for us. It's fun to have another Greta. Hopefully it won't be too long until we get to see you all again.
Love,
Elsa

Renee said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Congratulations on this official milestone! You have a wonderful family of SEVEN,

Please know you have also been in our thoughts and prayers as you said good-bye to Grandma Gwen.

Jess said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting day for your family! :)

Deborah said...

I am so happy for you and your family. The roller coaster must be really tough. I'm so sorry. I dearly loved my grandmothers, and miss them all the time. You children are beautiful! Merry Christmas!!

bbqdaisy said...

AWESOME!!
CONGRATULATIONS on your re-adoption!!! Seriously, still would LOVE to meet you =)
Blessings
Maria
P.S. The coupon for the photo books (sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your question) ... it is through My Publisher - there is a link on Costco's Photo website! About 2-3 times a year they discount their books (up to 45% off) which is when I make mine and buy them! There should be one coming up in the next 3 months ... I will try to remember to give you a heads up about the next sale =)

Kristin said...

I would love to still meet you Maria! Hopefully we can get a time on the calendar. I think a camping trip for all the washington families would be cool; or at least an all day picnic maybe somewhere in Seattle where we can just plop down and let the kids play!