Remember that jingle at the end of the Jolly Green Giant commercial? Did you know that there is actually a replica of him in MN in a little town near Daron's family farm? I think it is Blue Earth. I'm guessing that's where the company began. We used to stop by there when we would drive from Chicago to MN all the time(there was a Dairy Queen there). Anyway..I told the kids that they are growing like the Green Giant......
It was six months ago exactly that we last measured Fia and Kwame, so I decided, what the heck, I already have 100 things on my list to do today, why not add one more....(two, now that I am blogging) THEY HAVE GROWN TWO INCHES SINCE JUNE! I have been hang drying their pants lately since I thought they were shrinking, but in reality, these kids have been growing like weeds. Kwame(4 tomorrow) is also 3 lbs. heavier than Fia(5). He is pretty proud of that and keeps saying that Fia is little-er. Fia was very relieved that she was still an inch taller than Kwame. The other kids are also growing, but in comparison, they grew two inches in a year. Justus is almost 5 ft. and Ella is a inch taller than Justus was at this age...anyone following? Random post I know, all this to say we have been focusing on growth this morning.
**Also, as an addendum to the last post, my dad was over this morning for donut day and I asked Kwame to tell him what tomorrow is (thinking he'd say his birthday/Christmas Eve). Kwame looked at him and smiled-"ipod!"**
2 comments:
This tale of Kwame and is ipod is unfolding with good suspense. I keep wondering, how will this all pan out? I'm hanging on your every post!
And Kristin! Was my font used on all of your christmas cards? or just ours? Either way, TOTALLY FLATTERED. Made me happier than you can know!
Yes, that was definitley your font on ALL my cards!!! I was trying to make you famous and then forget to PPPPS it! Sorry! I think it is so cute and fun! I also need to apologize for not saying thank you sooner for my gift! I LOVE it! I think I was still under meds when I opened it and didn't thank you-sorry. I do still need to get her CD though and it will make more sense....I thought I bought it, but didn't-man, I have THE worst memory these days. I am lucky if I get all the kids one gift under the tree tomorrow....Oh, and hope to see you next week. Looks like we may have trouble landing, huh?
Post a Comment