This is Kwame and Fia's first Christmas with us. It is also Kwame's first birthday with us this December 24th. Kwame is three and going to be four next week. People have been asking what we are planning for him and honestly, I thought we would celebrate with family over the holidays this year, but as he gets older, we will make sure to plan a party before Christmas so he doesn't feel jipped.
This year for his bday present, we actually bought him his first bike. It's a super cool John Deere one. To everyone else that has asked what he would like(inquiring Grandma's and relatives) I have been saying not to worry, nothing big, and that he won't even notice. I said he doesn't need anything, but it will be fun for him to open a couple presents so....maybe just something little like a matchbox car, playmobil, or a small nerf gun so he doesn't keep taking his big brothers. WELL, I WAS WRONG!!! Guess what this 3, almost 4 yr. old keeps telling people he wants this week??? (mind you, he is the youngest of 5) Well, Kwame keeps saying he wants an ipod. Yep, my little guy wants an ipod! I almost spit out my coffee when he said it. We keep trying to lower the expectations for him, telling him that he is too young or too little for one, but he keeps showing us with his hands just how tall he is and that he is getting bigger! Haha! It is cute and funny this week, but if you remember me telling you how he holds grudges, I am worried for next week...(there may be a certain sibling that is getting the ipod nano..we'll see....either that or coal!). This might be interesting....
3 comments:
Oh dear. Good luck - I think you're gonna need it!
Hey Kristin - my hubby has a Dec. biday (20) and always felt jipped!! We got our kiddos cheapo MP3 players at that age and it had the same effect - carrying something around with earphones in!!
I am getting an ipod nano for Christmas 2!
Katie
Post a Comment