In order to help our 9 yr. old out(in case you're wondering), the coffee is set up to brew for her in the morning and after she gets dressed in her Lucia gown and crown of (battery operated) candles, she wakes her siblings up to join the Lucia train, and eventually ends in Mom and Dad's room. I think it is one of the BEST traditions ever!! 
This year we decided to surprise a few friends and family before the sun was fully up and deliever cookies to them to. Our rule of thumb was that if the lights weren't on, we wouldn't wake them(I didn't want any friends mad). So, a few of you got passed by and I think we only broke the rule at one house because Ella said, "I know she is awake, she wakes up at like 6am everyday!" Don't worry, we didn't get to most homes til close to 8!
Later in the morning we headed out to the church where Fia goes to preschool for their Christmas program. The preschool sang a song for us and Kwame got to join in too! They both thought it was so much fun to stand on the stage and sing out for all the parents -what joy kids have! I love it!
P.S. Happy Birthday Aunt Ingrid!
3 comments:
I love it!
What a fun tradition! We don't know any Greek traditions.
mama of many
Wonderful traditions and that is so fantastic that you honor your heritage with your children!
Fabu
Post a Comment