I am sitting here trying to catch up with blog posts and life, and as I am reflecting, it is exhausting remembering the ups and downs. Hours were definitely not wasted these last couple weeks.
Ella had her tonsils out and she was a rockstar in the recovery and the whole process. She got pretty used to eating only ice cream and it was hard to know when she was 'healed' since Ice Cream was all that she wanted to eat for days to come for some strange reason???? I was then supposed to have surgery exactly a week later for my nose job (deviated septum and some polyp that needed to be taken off) but with my grandma passing away, I couldn't imagine going to her visitation with a mustache bandage under my nose. I know, really, why do I worry about what others think?? Really, I thought it would not be conducive to crying.
You may have seen the post on the memorial and the court date, but what you may or may not have noticed was that we had Aunt Kathy and Uncle Mark in town for a few days. Daron and I love having them in town, and of course the kids do too. We always love sitting around chatting, playing board games, etc. at night, doing crafts with Kathy, and getting bedtime stories told by Mark. I felt bad that our time was so limited when they were here, but they got to see how a family of seven is never dull. We were thankful to hear that they still want kids, their number just may have dwindled a bit! Oops.
This weekend, Justus's soccer team went to the finals for the state soccer champs in the President's Cup tournament. They did such a great job and we got to see Justus score more goals! Their team ended up being the final four of eight teams, but ended up losing their last game. This tournament started at 9am in Burlington, so we had to leave the house at 6:15 in order to make it in time-that was not fun! These games were all freezing!!! We are having some arctic cold, but sunny weather here in Seattle-pretty crazy! Starbucks and Crossroads Covenant Church coffee shop we found there were our friends!! 
Hey? Did I tell you I am a blogstar?? I guess that is what it would be called....I always wanted to be a star! Well, the real skinny is that a fellow Ghanaian adoptive mom, Andrea K., that I have never met in person, but are facebook friends and she has read my blog, wrote me a note later in the day and said she thought they saw me at a Burlington Starbucks. Her husband thought I looked too young (aw shucks!!) but the truth is that I never got to my makeup yet that AM. What was funnier is that I butted into their conversation with the barista and we still didn't know it was the other. After realizing we were both there after the fact, we did set up a meeting for the next day so we could make it official and all. The family is about to go to Ghana to bring home their daughter in the next couple weeks. Please keep them in your prayers.
Monday morning, I had my surgery appt. at 6:45! All went well and I am now on the mend. Lots of bloody bandages and it isn't fun to stand up for long. Before surgery, the anesthesiologist came into our room and thought we looked familiar. He said we looked like the winners of Amazing Race. Ha! I don't know who he was talking about or what they look like since we don't watch it, but we played with him for a second and had him second guessing. Maybe he was just confused with me being a blogstar and not a reality star. I don't know? What do you think? ;)
4 comments:
Kristen, Hilarious about the amazing race.. I can see it.. LOL Glad you are on the mend!
I know you say your nose job is for more medical reasons, but i can't help but wonder if the fact that you are a blogstar is why you got the nose job. It seems a very superstar thing to do.
:)
LOL@ your Blogstar comment!! I hope you are recovering from the surgery and I am sorry for your loss.
Hugs,
Debbie
Robin, the Dr. said that the girl was good and honest and she was always trying to keep the guy from cheating! I said that was my husband too-hee hee. He is a pastor, but when it comes to games, he finds a way to not 'cheat' but make it work for him to win. ha!
Becca-You can agree to the above, and yes, with my rising fame, I thought my nose job was imminent and I really need to look my best in the blogosphere.
Post a Comment