Sunday, November 1, 2009

Can Daddy Spank the Big Lady?

Not sure exactly what happened yet tonight, but we just got home from church and Kwame said that a big lady screamed at him. I asked if it was a kid or a mom??? He said a big lady. I asked him what she said and he said she didn't say anything, just screamed. I said, hmmm...next time, let me know if anyone screams at you right then and I will help you. He thought about it and asked, "Next time the big lady screams at me, can Daddy give her a spanking?"

Justus and I tried so hard not to laugh, picturing 'Pastor Daron' spanking someone at church-not a good image. "Nope Kwame, Dad can't spank the big lady (just referring to her age), but we can talk to her," I said, "and ask her why she screamed at you." Poor guy. But it was kind of funny too. Then he went on to pray, "Thank you for the big lady that screamed at me...." Oh my gosh, I couldn't contain it anymore!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Too cute! Nope ... not good for the pastor to go around spanking people.


:) :) :)

Lindahl News 2 said...

You really should think about compiling all these "gems" into a book!!!

The title could be PASTOR DARON CAN'T SPANK THE BIG LADY and OTHER WORDS OF WISDOM ABOUT RAISING FIVE KIDS.

What a way to start the day here in the Chi-town area!