Daron got to be an "Honorary Groundscrew Member" the other day at Safeco Field. Our friends gave us the tickets to do this and Daron was thrilled. He loves baseball and it was icing on the cake that he got to go for a Twins game. We thought that Daron would have to do some dance that the groundscrew usually does halfway through the game, but Daron didn't end up doing that. They said that they never do that with the volunteers, but he wasn't sure if that was the truth! He thought that they took a look at him and didn't think that he could dance. Either way, he had a blast. He got to see such and such a player that has been the best such and such and talked with another player that is someone that I should know. Don't get me wrong, I know the sport. But ever since we moved, I lost track of my favorite teams. Which move was that? I don't remember.
Justus and Greta got to go with and had the time of their life. Daron's cousin, Mat, and his daughter, Claire, also went to the game. They got to go on the field before and after the game. If you watched the last game of the Mariners/Twins series, you may have witnessed Daron running across the field to water the bases.
Thanks again to our amazing friends that shared a fun gift like this!
No comments:
Post a Comment