Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Chicken Pox & Ghana
One adoptive mom just came home with her three beautiful kids from Ghana last night. She went on a whirlwind trip last weekend to bring them home, after being there already for a couple of weeks earlier last month. Last night she sent an email saying that our two kiddos, as well as others in the home, have the chicken pox and they were miserable! I am so sad for them! Today I saw pictures that she took of them. :( It is a weird feeling to know that your kids are sick and you can't take care of them. I know that they are being very well cared for at Eban House, the adoption center. But still, I want to hug them and start to learn what makes them feel better when they are sick. I love how God is weaving my heart to theirs already. Please pray that they get better soon and for all the other kids in the home as well. I suppose we better pray for all the Aunties' sanity too in the home. I am sure they are going crazy with this outbreak!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sorry I broke the "break out" to you! :) But, Nana did seem better by the next visit we were there. Not good, but better.
Your two little ones are just SO precious and the aunties do take very good care of those sweet little ones. I'm sure it is hard to not be there for them when they are sick, but before long you'll be there for every sickness! :) What fun! ;0)
Fabu
What an awful predicament! I know you must have your full Doctor Mommy self going, ready to conquer the dreaded chicken pox ... but to be powerless to soothe and help heal ... so sad!
Post a Comment