I just got nominated for this Smile Award by two people that I really respect in our cyber adoption world! I appreciate that they believe I should get this, but I also think that I must have fooled them! ;) Both Heather and Chanda have been great inspirations in this adoption process. They were both in the pilot phase of our Ghana adoption program when it had many more kinks with the learning curve. I am in awe of how they handled themselves and have so much respect for each of them. Not only that, but they have been two women that have encouraged me/us when we felt like we would never get a referral and rejoiced with us when we did. Thank you Heather and Chanda for who you are!! Below are what they said for my nomination:
Heather: "Kristin had the longest wait for referral in the history of the AAI Ghana program, but never complained or grouched about it. Kristin inspires me with her patience, encouragement of others, faith and deep love for her family."Chanda: "The next award goes to Kristin, who is another mom adopting from Ghana. She and her family waited, and waited, and waited for the referral of a little boy. It was amazing how much grace Kristin showed during her wait. Fortunately, she's no longer waiting for the referral. They found out the little boy they were waiting for had a sister, too. "
It is humbling to read this and it does put a SMILE on my face(especially today) thanks ladies!
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
These are the rules for The Smile Award.
1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by .
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
So. . . I belive all my friends through AAI have gotten this award now, so I’d like to give the award to some other people that put smiles on my face. Drumroll please.................
Amber: She is someone that just brightens up a room! She exudes joy and is full of encouragement for me and others on a regular basis. Amber and her husband go to church with us and I am so thankful to have gotten to know Amber the last year and look forward to many more years ahead. Thanks for making me SMILE!
Jenny: Okay, so this is someone that I met the first week we moved into town and we basically begged her and her husband to be our new best friends. Seriously. Jenny is super cool, super loving, super funny, super real, super mom, super blogger(I am thinking she is thinking this is super). I love her! You will have to check out her blog- she is religious about it and hilarious! Jennys make me SMILE!
Kir: Kir and her husband went to seminary with Daron and I before we had kids (actually Kir and I didn't go, but we were their scholarship so that counts for something,right?). We lived in the same apt. building and just hit it off as couples. She is amazingly fun, wise, supportive, understanding, chic, beautiful inside and out, etc. etc. I also can't wait for them to move to the Pacific Northwest to cause some commotion as the rebel pastor's wives(not really if any Superindents are reading). Thanks for making me SMILE!
Karleen: Karleen and her husband were the ones to lead us to AAI. They adopted from AAI's Ethiopia program and helped us get started with the process. She has watched my back in the beginning of the process and always there to offer advice. Her dry sense of humor definitely keeps me laughing and trying not to take life(ie: spouse and children) so seriously. I am so thankful for her smile and how she is modeling adopting in our small town. I also love that she won't sugar coat things! Thanks Karleen for the many SMILES you have given me!
Deb: This woman has been in my life since, well, I was awkward and young. Deb has put a smile on my face ever since we met. As a kid she would come and spook my sleepovers just at the right time and tell us stories while at the same time being disguised. (She is an amazing storyteller and I am surprised she hasn't written a book yet!) Deb loves to laugh and she is contagious with her smiles and laughter. When I got married, she played a practical joke on me that lasted years........She is a delight both in person and in the blog world- I am so thankful for how she makes me and many others SMILE!
2 comments:
What? I make mistakes???
heehee - thank you so much! I will be sure to pass it on - hopefully sooner than later...
And golly - such sweet words! That was just, just, well... can I say, "SUPER"?!!!
Holy cow!!!! Me???? Thanks!
You make it easy to smile with your beautiful face and innards.
Olga thanks you, too!
Now, do I really have to figure out how this thing works to pass it on?
Post a Comment