Monday, September 29, 2008

Court Re-Scheduled: Take Three!

So, I wasn't going to post for a few reasons until after our case went to court and we could celebrate by the kids being officially ours, but I changed my mind and would love prayers if you read this. Friday our case went to court in Ghana, but there were a couple more papers the judge requested and they postponed it until today. Then today woke up to hear that our case was rescheduled again! The judge decided that they only wanted to take one case today and ours was the one he didn't choose for today, but said later this week. We'll see.... I almost feel like the time I went in for false labor twice with Greta. Third times a charm, right?

I feel bad that the kids (Fia and Kwame) have to keep going to court, only to turn around once they get there. What a hassle for the staff too. The kids are probably confused, but like Daron said, hopefully they are just having fun going for an adventure out of the adoption center. I did get a picture of them going to court on Friday from one of the visiting moms and it was fun to see. They were dressed up in the shirts that we sent them that look Brady Bunchesque with all 7 of us on it. I also got to be reminded that not every country requires car seats, let alone seat belts. How funny to see that and remember the "old days."

This morning I was pretty frustrated even though I know that God is watching over this process and he knows what's best. I just need to trust that the timing will work out perfectly. The last two weeks I have been reading James, and actually facilitating a class on that book of the Bible, and it reminds me to find joy in all the hard times. Of course, as I thought about it today, my first thought was "Yeah right". But really, it isn’t saying that I need to pretend to be happy or joyful, instead he(James) is suggesting that I need to have a positive outlook and that through the hard times, we gain endurance and strength. This really shouldn't be a big deal and I shouldn't’t be so discouraged that it is moved to another day, I am sure it will be just fine. I TRUST that. I just want our children home and each time it gets postponed, it adds more time to when we can bring them home.

If I can ask, I would love your prayers through this and all the ups and downs of this process until we can bring our children home.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Hang in there. I am praying for you. When we were rescheduled each time it moved to the next Friday so it is encouraging that you are only waiting a few days in between instead of a week or you would be on week three!
I hope he can get it there this week, that would be Fabu!:-)

Jennine

Amy said...

I'll be praying for you. I'll pray for you to get your news this week and for peace for you in the wait...

I really do understand (5 weeks we were supposed to go until we finally passed, every week postponed for some reason or another, but I'm sure you still remember my whining!). It IS painful.

Take care of yourself Kristin. I hope it happens soon so you can officially announce they are yours to the world (and post a pic here of those beauties- I feel sorry for your readers that haven't gotten a chance to see how precious they are)! :)

Amy Fabu

Angela said...

Hey there Jags...I will continue to pray with you all, and with your sweet little babes waiting to be "officially" a Jagodzinske! :) Let me know if I can do anything else to support you right now...a cup of coffee? Glass of wine? Walk?? :) Love and blessings to you both - Angela

Kristin said...

Thanks for the prayers ladies- I really appreciate it! Hopefully it won't be too long until there is some good news to share!

jennyonthespot said...

Am prayin' and will keep on... you betcha, friend...