Below are some pics of our trip to Vancouver B.C. We ended up driving up there about a week after the accident so we could get over our fears AND of course, experience Vancouver during the Olympics. We had a great time! The border crossing was quick, parking was easy downtown, and it ended up being a nice day around the city. I found myself even searching for the famed Olympic mittens to no avail.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Post Olympic Post
It has been awhile since I have blogged, but I thought I better write a quick hello and tell you that all is well. Mostly. I think I have spent every night for the last couple weeks searching for a new car online. Unfortunately, I have wasted all this time and I don't have a new car to show for it. Ugh...hopefully the research will pay off though, right? In the meantime, my computer also got taken over by some virus and it was out of commission for a few days.
Below are some pics of our trip to Vancouver B.C. We ended up driving up there about a week after the accident so we could get over our fears AND of course, experience Vancouver during the Olympics. We had a great time! The border crossing was quick, parking was easy downtown, and it ended up being a nice day around the city. I found myself even searching for the famed Olympic mittens to no avail.
Can you spot the torch in the background?

Fia holding an Olympic torch.


My foot long Parisian hot dog at the creperie. I went there to get my second crepe of the day(chocolate/caramel), but saw this and couldn't resist! Yum! Oh, and of course, an illy coffee too!

Watching the women's U.S vs. Canada hockey game LIVE. ;(
Below are a couple pics of us at the Scandinavian center in Vancouver. We were told the King and Queen of Sweden would be there. Of course, it ended up being a private party for the evening, but I had fun seeing the center anyway...and speaking a little Swedish!

Altogether, we had a great time. It was just real nice to get away with the family, get our minds off the accident, and be in beautiful Vancouver!
Below are some pics of our trip to Vancouver B.C. We ended up driving up there about a week after the accident so we could get over our fears AND of course, experience Vancouver during the Olympics. We had a great time! The border crossing was quick, parking was easy downtown, and it ended up being a nice day around the city. I found myself even searching for the famed Olympic mittens to no avail.
Labels:
family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm so glad that you got to go.
Can you believe it? We lived so close to Vancouver for 10 years (and put up with road construction for the past 5 years because of the Olympics); then, the Lord moves us right before the road construction is completed and the Olympics are there.
I had hoped we would make it, but it didn't happen.
Hope you all are doing well!
Laurel :)
What fun! I lovee the big dala horse.
What a fun family memory.
Hi Kristen! How fun!!!
We are headed to Whistler for our 16 year old son's birthday this coming week. Did you have any trouble at the border with your kids? I'm a little gun-shy from our first entrance into the US, but they now have US Citizenship papers, so I'm thinking we'll be OK.
We missed the Olympics, but it looks like the Paralympics is going now.
Lanae
Hi! So glad you are back "on".
Please make sure to post some updated family pics on the snapfish site for Kami's trip by Sunday. The aunties would LOVE to have pics of your family. You have so many beautiful pics to chose from.
Blessings!!!
Tami
Laurel-Thanks for the hello. We are doing pretty good. Our heads are still spinning with all the logistics we need to work on after the accident.
Sarah-isn't that dala horse neat? There is a huge one like that in Sweden too that I have a picture with. Very cool!
Lanae-How cool that you will be there for the paraolympics!I am sure you will have a blast! No, we had absolutely no trouble at all! We were the first car in line each way and I brought the kids Ghanaian passports and their certificates of citizenship. I also brought their adoption decree's in case, but they didn't ask for them.
Tami- I finally uploaded some! My computer had a virus last week, I finally went on last night and Snapfish was down-ha! I did it today though-thanks for putting the book together!
It looks like so much fun! Loved all the pics!
You guys all look great!! We need to figure out a time to see you again. We would all love to see you guys!! I hope you find a new car soon!
Post a Comment