Thank you so much for all the messages, calls, emails, etc.... We are actually all doing so much better today. Of course, we are aching and a little slow moving, but all in all, we are actually thankful for the aches and pains, as they are SO minor. I am SO glad that aches and pains are our biggest worries physically.
Now that the weekend is almost over, will finally be able to talk to our insurance tomorrow and get an idea of how much they will give us for the car. It is a complete bummer. Our van was new when we bought it five years ago and we didn't have payments anymore. My prayer is that we get a good insurance package for the van that will allow us to get another car that is just as good or in better condition than ours was!
Oh, and while we are praying....let's pray to take care of this quickly-at least faster than the last time we had to look for a car. I think that is a fair request right? It took us almost two years to replace the Jetta(click here to read about that demise). Then, a few months after that, we had more bad luck with our cars. While we were camping at Yosemite, our van got broken into by a bear-seriously!!! You can read about that here, if you are bored. Now, almost two years later, this week, we finally bought a second car-yep- and it is actually a truck,'Big Red', as the kids named it. It is older than my marriage(my new favorite line), but it seats six and we paid cash(and looks pretty good too)! We were very excited about it!...for a couple of days. Wow. The timing of it, huh? We actually had two cars for 4 days! Now we are down to one again, and unfortunately it doesn't fit our whole family-ha!! Oh well, I don't mind walking.
Even if we get another car, there is no story that can beat the last ones, right? I bet ALL cars for sale are actually getting scared we are going to pick them! Honestly though, I hope we live a very dull, boring CAR life for the REST of MY LIFE! I never want to write another blog post about a car! Except happy ones.
2 comments:
Wow! So good to hear you were all protected. Praying for healing-both physical and emotional-not fun memories to 'relive'.
Kristin, I'm SO glad your family is okay! How scary! :/ How sad for your van though and for Big Red now being lonely. :( I would highly recommend a suburban--I drive a big ol' bus--a Yukon Denali and Howie wouldn't have it any other way as far as safety goes. I get a lot of 'older' men complimenting me on my ride but I've actually grown to become a bit fond of it myself, even though it's sort of 'mannish.'
Glad you're ok Kristin--be careful out there!!! :o)
Lori
Post a Comment