Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Date with Dad

How cute is this? Our town parks and rec. puts on a very fun and usually sold out 'Daddy/Daughter' dance around Valentine's day. This is the first time that our crew was able make it work, so Daron decided to take Greta and Ella this year and Fia will get her turn with one of the girls next year.
Greta and Ella had a fantastic time and Daron really set the stage so well by literally driving around the block, ringing the doorbell, and bringing the girls corsages for their date. They felt so special! It was so cute to see their excitement build as they got ready(they didn't want Daron to see them until they were READY!) and I also realized even more how awesome their dad is!

Another positive note...he is helping to set the bar high for how they should be treated when they are older and really go on a date. Hopefully they won't settle for less than they deserve.

6 comments:

Laurel said...

What fun! Your girls are looking BEAUTIFUL!!!


Hugs!

Laurel & the gang :)

Padilla Fam said...

this is so awesome, what great memories! and i totally agree with your 'positive note' ;-)set the bar hight now!!

Becca Groves said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I love that Daron drove around the block! And I love that the girls didn't want him to see them before they were ready. Adorable.

Maureen said...

What a great dad he is!
This makes me miss you guys even more! Sweet!

Maureen said...

What a great dad he is!
This makes me miss you guys even more! Sweet!

Kristina Klockars said...

You know I LOVE this tradition!!! My dad did date night for us often and it really set the bar for how we should be treated. Daron is an AMAZING father!!!