Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Home for a Year!!

Last February 6th, Fia and Kwame arrived in Washington with my mom and I. They left everyone and everything that was familiar to them and came to a brand new place, with brand new everything! Looking through the pictures from a year ago today were such a mixed bag of emotions. Ghana is a beautiful place with beautiful people. I am not sure how much Fia and Kwame remember of it unfortunately, as much as we try. As hard as their lives were, they also had so much love. Just looking at the pictures remind me of that and my heart aches for their loss, even in the midst of all the joy. And the JOY, wow, my heart is full now that they are home with us. Here are a few pics of our last day in Ghana and our first day in America.
Giving hugs and saying goodbye, for now. These four kids are actually ALL now in America!

This beauty, Miss M. stole my mom's heart and she has been in the orphanage longer than anyone else so far. There is a family that is paper chasing for her now, so PLEASE pray with us that it works out-her heart's desire is to have a family that LOVES HER!
Miss L became a fast friend of mine and I SO wish we lived closer to each other. She is a woman of faith and I truly look up to her. I pray I can see her another day soon. Her little guy is just the sweetest, huh?
Saying goodbye to the staff and kids was almost unbearable. I fell in LOVE with everyone there and wished our countries weren't so far apart. I knew they all loved Fia and Kwame and it must have been so hard to watch them go. I think only 6 of the kids in the picture are still there, and 5 are coming to WA soon. Of course, there are many more kids at Eban House that need forever families. Currently, there are a few boys ages 2-8(I think) that are referral ready and just need families to call their own. Of course, they are beautiful! Please let me know if you are interested or email anita@adoptionadvocates.org

My mom took this picture as we left Eban House....
I was SO blessed to have my mom along on the trip-she was amazing and it was so special for the kids!Here we are. Waiting for the plane from Ghana-via Nigeria-to Frankfurt. Relaxed and past all the check points. Ahhhhh.....
They were so happy to see daddy once we came up the escalator.
First family photo of the seven of us in WA.
Lounging around...ready for bed on our first night home together.
February 6th-it will always be a special day to remember!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Wonderful post Kristin! Congrats on a beautiful first year together. Your little ones are such special people and boy howdy, were they ever loved at Eban House!

Speaking of Miss M, the family hoping to adopt her is working on setting up a fund to donate to and Chester and I are going to try to do some fund raising to bring Miss M home. I already have about 8 people at my school that are ready to donate as soon as something is set up. We love Miss M and have prayed for her nightly since my first trip to Africa. This special lady needs her family!

Wishing you an even more amazing second year (frankly, we are LOVING year 2!). ;) Hope we'll get to meet up one of these days. I know we'll be heading your direction in August.

Fabu

Kelly said...

What a great post Kristin, I cried!
I am so glad you have had your family together for one wonderful year~
Kelly

Mom to Four said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom to Four said...

Thanks for sharing-Beautiful!
Hard to believe it has been a year since we talked-I remember staying up late here to be praying for you as you went back to the embassy.
Praise God for your precious family!

Heather said...

Wonderful post! It really is hard to believe it's been a whole year since your kiddos came home!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Such a wonderful love story. Thanks for sharing it again one year later.

annika said...

Tears are in my eyes as I read your post and looked at the pictures. All of your kiddos are so blessed to have you as their mommy!

Grateful said...

So neat to see all the old and newer pics. My Ghana kiddos looked through the old group pic together and named everyone. Almost all are home now (to the U.S.)! So wonderful to know they have been adopted by such loving families.
Thanks for sharing.

bbqdaisy said...

WOW, has it really been a year already ... it seems like yesturday that I first met you and started following your story via your blog!! OH what JOY to come on and read this post!! SO AWESOME! What beautiful pictures, what a beautiful family you have!
Blessings in Him
Maria
P.S. Hope you make it up for the olympics, know that whenever you do come up this way you are always WELCOME at our house =)